Recommend me a book

Marua

Thanks, everyone...

...for the many recommendations :)

I decided to purchase Tarot 101 by Kim Huggens, and Holistic Tarot by Benebell Wen.
Although I must say that Holistic Tarot scares me a little with its 800+ pages. I hope it's not too hard to read :)

Torann

...for the many recommendations :)

I decided to purchase Tarot 101 by Kim Huggens, and Holistic Tarot by Benebell Wen.
Although I must say that Holistic Tarot scares me a little with its 800+ pages. I hope it's not too hard to read :)

I bought that book last week after reading this thread... it's a great great book. Together with the book "Around the tarot in 78 days" by Marcus Katz and Tali Goodwin I now have a very complete overview of all the tarot possibilities. The only problem with the 78 days book is, is it's organization... but i've found a way to work around that so, I'm used to it now.

decan

For me 800+ pages would be really too much! Probably I will just be able to take a nap with this book! :D

Barleywine

For me 800+ pages would be really too much! Probably I will just be able to take a nap with this book! :D

I'm hoping it won't be just a rambling discourse on "all things tarot," and will have useful sections I can tab for future reference. I've done all the background reading I'm likely to do and am mainly after practical tools.

decan

Hi Barleywine,
I recognize that I prefer too when the approach is more pragmatical and less philosophical; nevertheless I am not really against theory, it is more a matter of dosage!

Eta: it is possible that this comes from my Mercury in an earth Sign, and sometimes this surprises me as well because I can't say that I am really a down-to-earth person. Well, I am somewhat paradoxical at times :D

Achlys

If you haven't gotten a copy of Holistic Tarot after the recommendations in this thread, I would highly recommend you purchase it. It takes a much different approach than other tarot books but it was one of the best I've ever come across.

rmcfarron

I'm hoping it won't be just a rambling discourse on "all things tarot," and will have useful sections I can tab for future reference. I've done all the background reading I'm likely to do and am mainly after practical tools.

Barleywine, I would be very interested in your take on this book once you get it. I'm interested in it, but unsure about the sheer volume vs useable information. Thanks!

brightcrow

I've been reading Learning the Tarot, by Joan Bunning (AT review), as well as Tarot Plain and Simple, by Anthony Lewis (AT review). I'm a beginner but there is a lot of room for me to grow in these books. I appreciate having different perspectives, and I especially like how they give a sense of how and why the cards have meaning within the context of the whole.