lovers, devil and feelings

NightQueen

Solitaire* said:
Addiction=dysfunction and dysfunction in relationships=co-dependency. That sounds like what you describe there. Losing yourself in the presence of another in the desire to please that other. In co-dependency, a person becomes what they believe they need to be to win or to keep the love of the one they love.
I agree here, I would also add obsession towards a lover and having control, this to me would not be a love relationship, pure passion

Artemis95

I know this an old thread, but I just pulled devil, lovers for what someone feels for me. It definitely is they need to make a choice context, so support this notion as well in my opinion. Great thread. But agree need to see the cards around to understand tone of message.

Ruby Jewel

I think I've read through all the threads on what the Devil might mean when he stands for someone's feelings for another. Now, if the Devil stands for attraction, what does the Lovers stand for in that position? Love without attraction? I somehow don't get it. Or does the devil have a negative side always attached to it, such as the desire to have power over what is desired? Or is the devil simply desire without emotion?

I might read the Devil as an obsession rather than an authentic love/respect attraction. The Lovers as more of a soul mate connection. The Devil is the Lovers Rx.