The Animism Tarot

Linfang

A couple of weeks ago, The Game Crafter improved the card-stock. I think they posted in the Deck Creation sub-forum as well.

I have the Pearls of Wisdom on the old and on the new card-stock, and there is a huge difference. The new one feels a lot "snappier", it's better to shuffle and more flexible. It has a black core, so no light can shine through. As far as I understand, the new card-stock is being used for all decks they print, so the Animism Tarot should have it now as well.

missy

I am also on the fence about this deck. Mainly, for me, the main issue is the large borders and relatively small size of the images.

The artwork is quite lovely, though! Whenever I peruse images of this deck, I want it. Just wish the images were larger.

Onaorkal

As soon as I saw this deck I knew I wanted it for sure. Since I'm in Canada it ended up being quite expensive (about 80$CAD including the shipping) but I was really in love with it.
In the end though it turned out that I wasn't connecting with it very much.
Also some cards were a big turn off for me. Like the liger for the Temperance card.
But especially the fact that the artist decided to put an alligator being in a symbiotic relationship with the Egyptian clover bird, instead of a Nile crocodile like it should be...anyway maybe some people are not as nerd-picky as I am about those things, but I personally wish I had known beforehand!

Now it's swapped and I have no regret.

Myrrha

It isn't just the animal pictures with this one. The skies in most of the image help to create the meaning of the card. I really like when backgrounds are evocative. I find the deck surprisingly readable in the sense of being able to go a bit beyond the typical RWS meaning for the card and pick up something very relevant to the situation I am reading about.