Tabula Mundi Tarot Colores Arcus

Babalon Jones

Thanks fellow AT friends for answering Shardz to explain the difference in the deck.

Both decks are the Tabula Mundi. The Nox et Lux edition was created from the black and white pen and ink (permanent marker, actually) line art drawings. The Colores Arcus edition is those same drawings painting with colored acrylic inks. This is a process I have been working on for years.

Currently the Kickstarter price for the decks is only a small amount more than the earliest bird levels. Identical deck though. $46 for a deck or $66 for a deck with the full size guidebook. Plus shipping, which varies according to your location in the fabric of space-time. Some reward levels still have what I call subsidized international shipping, which reduced the cost of Priority International shipping by 25% for non US backers, as a guft to help offset their higher cost. I would do more than that if I could!

And in case no one has noticed, the two deck option gives two decks at the price of the very first early bird tier, plus has the subsidized international shipping. Surprisingly there are still lots of those left, I suspect being lower on the page that option wasn't noticed by many. So if price is a consideration that is the very best deal out there if you find a friend to split it with.

Many thanks to all who have joined. These are going to be awesome, and I cannot wait to get the samples to see the metal foil and especially the hologram option both of which I am ridiculously excited about!

Aeric

I've bought it with the guidebook! I was really looking forward to it all year. I've been building a small collection of Golden Dawn- and Thoth-based decks and am thrilled that more creators are looking at Thoth systems in recent years. And I just love decks that use colour systems to create explosive visuals with rich symbolism.

Shardz

Thanks fellow AT friends for answering Shardz to explain the difference in the deck.

Both decks are the Tabula Mundi. The Nox et Lux edition was created from the black and white pen and ink (permanent marker, actually) line art drawings. The Colores Arcus edition is those same drawings painting with colored acrylic inks. This is a process I have been working on for years.

Currently the Kickstarter price for the decks is only a small amount more than the earliest bird levels. Identical deck though. $46 for a deck or $66 for a deck with the full size guidebook. Plus shipping, which varies according to your location in the fabric of space-time. Some reward levels still have what I call subsidized international shipping, which reduced the cost of Priority International shipping by 25% for non US backers, as a guft to help offset their higher cost. I would do more than that if I could!

And in case no one has noticed, the two deck option gives two decks at the price of the very first early bird tier, plus has the subsidized international shipping. Surprisingly there are still lots of those left, I suspect being lower on the page that option wasn't noticed by many. So if price is a consideration that is the very best deal out there if you find a friend to split it with.

Many thanks to all who have joined. These are going to be awesome, and I cannot wait to get the samples to see the metal foil and especially the hologram option both of which I am ridiculously excited about!
Thanks for the full explanation, I appreciate it very much. As I live in the States, I tacked on the $7 for shipping to arrive at my budget bottom line. Unfortunately, I learned about this too late, and I'm currently tapped from other projects that tugged my attention first. The art and concept is really amazing, though I'm still in my Thoth infancy and haven't fully tackled that hurdle as of yet. Perhaps these decks might be available in some capacity later on in some form to those who flew over their monthly budget at the time. The entire package looks so elegant that I might actually be a bit squeamish to touch the cards. Hehehe

schizandra

I am so happy to hear that the Tabula Mundi will soon be available in full color! I've been waiting on this to purchase the Rosetta Tarot as well... will the Tabula Mundi eventually be available for sale via the same avenues that the Rosetta is being sold? If not, it won't bother me to purchase from separate avenues. I'm a big fan of purchasing tarots from the same artist, and I'm thrilled that such talent has taken on a Thoth-inspired direction for their decks. :D

Babalon Jones

Hi schizandra, and thank you! Yes, I will have the decks available on both www.rosettatarot.com and www.tarotcart.com in October after the Kickstarter rewards are ready to ship. All the Kickstarter stuff has to go out first though. These two websites both sell Rosetta as well as the currently existing Tabula Mundi black and white Nox et Lux and the large Majors editions. Thank you for asking!

VampTarot23

I've bought it with the guidebook! I was really looking forward to it all year. I've been building a small collection of Golden Dawn- and Thoth-based decks and am thrilled that more creators are looking at Thoth systems in recent years. And I just love decks that use colour systems to create explosive visuals with rich symbolism.

I so agree this deck is going to be a lot of fun to use!

Babalon Jones

Speaking of Fun...

Just for fun, I made this video of the first few sections of what I call "the most elaborate deck packaging in the world" (how's that for hyperbole; though it may actually be true).

Not sure if it belongs here or in the Golden Dawn forum section; I guess either. It shows the first few pages of a book that holds a deck of oversized Major Arcana cards. The book is called "Who is HRU?"

The verse has 418 words and is in the form of a riddle, which HRU answers at the end.

http://www.tabulamundi.com/who-is-hru-part-i-and-other-news/

I put the video on my website but also as an update on the Kickstarter

Nemia

Wow, Babalon, that's simply amazing. So beautiful, so meaningful. I've never seen anything like it.

Rose Lalonde

Yes, definitely amazing. I can't imagine the hours involved to design and create all the little mechanisms. Thanks for the peek.

Rose Lalonde

Nice to see the Colores Arcus boxes coming together (with inchworm help)! I'm looking forward to learning more about the Babalon edition down the road too.