just wondering

cheekyminx

I only use the celtic cross spread to do my readings & friends. what time period does this spread cover? Or does it depend on the question?

Also, if a friend is asking a basic question e.g will I be successful in attaining full time work this year or will I meet someone this year, what other spread can I use instead of the Celtic??

bighairymonster

you could try a "past present future" spread

Trogon

cheekyminx76 said:
I only use the celtic cross spread to do my readings & friends. what time period does this spread cover? Or does it depend on the question?
I would say that, for the time frame, you might try kind of setting that in your mind before you lay out the cards. Say the person wants to know about their job prospects (as mentioned below) decide with them how far in the past/future you're going to look. This is assuming you want to set such a limit. Otherwise, if you want to leave it open ended, you'll have to use your intuition.

I have recently redesigned the Celtic Cross spread to fit my needs a little better. For most questions I don't use a time-line look at things with this spread... however - I do use a variant when someone wants a more traditional approach. This variant uses a "recent past", a "more distant past" and "near future" and "more distant future" positions. For me, I think of these as being within a few weeks to a couple of months (for recent or near) and within a year (for the "more distant..." positions). This seems to work fairly well for me. "Your results may vary."

Also, if a friend is asking a basic question e.g will I be successful in attaining full time work this year or will I meet someone this year, what other spread can I use instead of the Celtic??
There are many excellent spreads in this forum that should fit the bill for these types of questions. I highly recommend browsing the threads here to see what you might like. Now... having said that, for a quick, relatively simple, basic reading for someone I use a 5 card line spread more often than just about any other spread;

[color=666699]....[/color]1[color=666699]....[/color]2[color=666699]....[/color]3[color=666699]....[/color]4[color=666699]....[/color]5

1=past
2=recent past
3=present
4=near future
5=future

I generally figure this to be looking at a time period of, at most, a couple of months. You can add cards to both ends (making it 7 or 9 cards) to look further into the past & future. By the same token, you can deal only 3 cards for a more generalized past-present-future.

Again, I do highly recommend browsing this Tarot Spreads forum and finding some other spreads that will work for you. I don't know how well you like the Celtic Cross, but I find that for many things there are other, simpler, smaller spreads which are very good and much easier to use.

There are several other web sites which are dedicated to Tarot spreads...

http://www.tarotspreads.com/index.ads is a very good one with an easy to use interface.

The Tarot Layouts FAQ, v 4.0 by David C. Jones is another helpful document; http://www.geocities.com/Athens/2377/LayoutFAQ4.html

And last, but certainly not the least, is Anja's Tarot web site which includes a wealth of information including numerous spreads; http://www.anjastarot.dk/

Hope this has helped...

cheekyminx

Thank you Trogan & big hairy monster for your replies! I'm looking at the links now.

Cheers!