The Black Light BOTA

gregory

Holy crap. Will you do me one ???? (I coloured one once - so badly that I bought me another b/w copy and left it severely alone !)

agviz

Holy crap. Will you do me one ???? (I coloured one once - so badly that I bought me another b/w copy and left it severely alone !)

I sure wish I could! I'm putting some thought into how I might be able to do this for people without the crazy amount of time that went into this deck. Don't have anything worked out yet, but the gears are turning.

Pam O

I sure wish I could! I'm putting some thought into how I might be able to do this for people without the crazy amount of time that went into this deck. Don't have anything worked out yet, but the gears are turning.

Would scans up to one one the one demand printers work?
I do know it would not be near the same as your original,
but I wonder if it would still be cool?

(I know I personally don't have anything close to the deck you colored.)

agviz

Would scans up to one one the one demand printers work?
I do know it would not be near the same as your original,
but I wonder if it would still be cool?

(I know I personally don't have anything close to the deck you colored.)

For the cards to fluoresce under black light - which I think is the real draw here - they'd have to be printed with florescent ink. That's something I'm looking into. Also I'd need to do the artwork from scratch. If I'm going reproduce a deck for others, I can't use the line work from BOTA's deck as it must be copywritten. I'd like to do this; it depends on if I can find a practical method.

Pam O

For the cards to fluoresce under black light - which I think is the real draw here - they'd have to be printed with florescent ink. That's something I'm looking into. Also I'd need to do the artwork from scratch. If I'm going reproduce a deck for others, I can't use the line work from BOTA's deck as it must be copywritten. I'd like to do this; it depends on if I can find a practical method.

Just a note:
I love your cards even pictured with regular light. I am not sure if I would ever take the steps to get a black light setup.

gregory

You only need a blacklight bulb, AFAIK.

gregory

Pfui. Vaguely considering this and the only neon markers I can find are a measly pack of 5 colours, and an ENDLESS supply of yellow ones....

Pam O

...I can't use the line work from BOTA's deck as it must be copywritten. I'd like to do this; it depends on if I can find a practical method.

Isn't the BOTA copyright expired? Have you asked the BOTA group that sells the cards in black and white? I thought the expired copyright was the whole reason they could offer up those cards?