Advice needed please

Kathy123

I am currently running the deck of the month thread. Each week we do different exercises,etc.

This week we are trying our hand with tarot and astrology, and are looking at a zodiac spread that deals with the twelve houses (link can be found on first page of our thread).

We are wondering if one of you nice people minds popping into our thread and giving us a bit of an explanation as to the twelve houses, ruling planets, and if using tarot within this concept is something that has benefits, or whether they are two totally separate things.

Our thread can be found here: http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?p=3647121&posted=1#post3647121

Any inout/advice would be greatly appreciated :)

Minderwiz

Hi Kathy,

Yes I'll drop by and do that :)

MaineGirl117

Can't wait to peak in on that M :)

Kathy, I did that spread at the beginning of the year. The spread can be as easy or complex as you're willing to make it. I study astrology as it connects to Tarot. Every card in the Major's has an astrological representative, so I paid particular attention to the Majors that came up in the draw. I also noticed over the year that as the planets moved through different signs, different houses/cards became activated. The key to knowing where you are in the wheel of cards during the year comes from knowing what your rising sign is in your own natal chart. My rising sign is Aries, so it made things easy because the first house was represented by the sign of Aries. Back in March when there were a ton of planets in the sign of Aries, the card drawn for that house (Ace of Swords) became especially potent. As the planets move through each house, different card pairings occurred. Like when Venus was in Aries, the card combination Venus (Empress) in Aries (Emperor) + Ace of Swords showed a very important conversation I had with the man I was involved in, severing of ties etc.

Now that Venus just entered the sign of Libra (my 7th House), I have to consider Venus (Empress) in Libra (Justice) + 4 of Cups.

I just wanted to mention this since you may encounter questions regarding this spread. I didn't plan on taking on such a large project when I did the spread! Enjoy and have fun with it :)

Kathy123

Can't wait to peak in on that M :)

Kathy, I did that spread at the beginning of the year. The spread can be as easy or complex as you're willing to make it. I study astrology as it connects to Tarot. Every card in the Major's has an astrological representative, so I paid particular attention to the Majors that came up in the draw. I also noticed over the year that as the planets moved through different signs, different houses/cards became activated. The key to knowing where you are in the wheel of cards during the year comes from knowing what your rising sign is in your own natal chart. My rising sign is Aries, so it made things easy because the first house was represented by the sign of Aries. Back in March when there were a ton of planets in the sign of Aries, the card drawn for that house (Ace of Swords) became especially potent. As the planets move through each house, different card pairings occurred. Like when Venus was in Aries, the card combination Venus (Empress) in Aries (Emperor) + Ace of Swords showed a very important conversation I had with the man I was involved in, severing of ties etc.

Now that Venus just entered the sign of Libra (my 7th House), I have to consider Venus (Empress) in Libra (Justice) + 4 of Cups.

I just wanted to mention this since you may encounter questions regarding this spread. I didn't plan on taking on such a large project when I did the spread! Enjoy and have fun with it :)

Thank you so much for your take on the spread! Interesting that you did the same one, and interesting how you did it at the beginning of the year, and compare it to your year.

Thank you both so very much for your responses, the astrological houses are something that I would very much like to familiarize myself with, but currently it is way over my head.... but both of you have enlighted me :)

Minderwiz

Thank you so much for your take on the spread! Interesting that you did the same one, and interesting how you did it at the beginning of the year, and compare it to your year.

Thank you both so very much for your responses, the astrological houses are something that I would very much like to familiarize myself with, but currently it is way over my head.... but both of you have enlighted me :)

I hope it helped

Houses are confusing for beginners because there are many ways of fixing them but don't give up and when you get time to explore them remember to drop in with any questions :)