Easy lenormand by marcus katz and tali goodwin

HOLMES

quick answers to everyday questions
http://www.llewellyn.com/product.php?ean=9780738747125

I got it at the local chapters here in Canada for only 22 dollars for a Christmas present to myself.

the book included is only 149 pages, less then half the numbers of their earlier work
Learning Lenormand
Traditional Fortune Telling for Modern Life

by looking at the contents alone it looks like they pared it down by removing "using the houses to deepen the readings, getting insight by knighting, counting and diagonals",
and focusing on zones and shadows at the end of it.

I actually didn't open the deck for about two days as I read the book trying to figure out why card in the deck number one is different then the book card. so I couldn't figure out so I just opened the deck. I quickly realized that the images of the deck doesn't match the books images so it isn't said anywhere in the book , but what I figure is the authors used an more older lenormand in the book when talking about each card so I suppose new students could easily relate to older images if we saw them.

the best example is the 24 the heart card
in the book it shows unadorned heart with two figures in two upper corners with the 24 in the middle.
in the actual card itself , the heart is on a tree limb or bush limb with a rose to either side.
and the figure is in the middle who is male and the 24 is on both sides of the figure.

as I just knocked a card down , I picked the anchor to talk more about the comparisions.
in the book the anchor is just an anchor , number in the middle , with nine spades in the top right hand corner. and there is a nine leafed sort of tree structure in the top left hand corner.

in the actual deck that comes with the book for this package , the anchor is more designed, laying on the ground of a beach with a sort of boat in the beach background , there is 9 spades above it in the middle, and the two 35 numbers are in the top and left hand corners.

the book such as it is , leads you to the grand tableu by smaller spreads like a 3 x card, or a 3x3 card reading on romance and travel..
then it is revealed all of the readings were from one big grand tableu.

I look forward to trying to use this deck to learn the basics and remember the line "the literal meaning of the cards "
which is different then the "death doesn't mean death " of the modern tarot .

Nemia

I guess you're talking about the Game of Hope cards? The "nine leafed sort of tree structure in the top left hand corner" is simply the German playing card pattern.

More about it here: https://mycuriouscabinet.wordpress.com/2012/09/24/the-game-of-hope-the-original-lenormand/

The meaning of a Lenormand card is always the same, except for some details (where the dark side of the clouds is etc).

I liked their first book, but I'm not so sure I need a shorter version...

HOLMES

yes sir

that is the image that is in the book to the tea.

the actual cards themselves are more beautiful though,
I looked up the images from easy lenormand search but not sure what is allowed to be linked as atf has a policy about linking to other sites.