Victorian Flower Oracle

faunabay

Ange said:
I don't know the Victorian Romantic cards, but someone maybe will have an idea whether they could be used together.
You don't know the Victorian Romantic tarot cards?????? Oh honey!! You've got to check these out!!! }) They are wonderful!!!! I'll get you the link.

http://www.victorianromantic.com/

Actually what you just need to do is go here and look at all MRP decks!!! hehehe

http://magic-realist.com/

I actually like using my Flower Oracle deck with the Fantastic Menagerie as they're both by Granville!

Ange

Thanks for the link.....they are nice cards..... :)

Ang x

faunabay

Ange said:
Thanks for the link.....they are nice cards..... :)

Ang x
Nice cards!! That's all you can say?? **ROFL**

I know not every single person likes them but they really are a wonderful deck that many, many people just love! Myself included!! :p The VR is my primary deck!! IT doesn't just talk it won't STOP talking. :*

Anyway now back to your regularly scheduled thread topic! }) The Victorian Flower Oracle!

Essjay

Oooh, I've just bought these. I would also like to know how people work these in with the VR.

My thoughts would be as a clarifying card with tarot readings. Bizarely, it was the backs of the cards that finally drew me in. I mean the art work is gorgeous and I know that the card stock will be lovely, but the backs are just so perfectly victorian.

Gavriela

If you like Grandville, then check out the Fantastic Menagerie Tarot, the Parlour Sybil (Grimaud), the Flower Lenormand (you'll find some similar illustrations to the VFO, but not quite the same), and the flowers on the Grand Jeu Lenormand.

There was also a treatise written on Flower Language by a Lady Mary Montagu in 1718, I believe, which started the whole flower language craze in Europe - it was imported from Turkey - I think. You won't necessarily see the same meanings on the VFO cards, but it's worth checking out nonetheless. All I've been able to find are a few abstracts from it in German, but I haven't seriously looked for a bit. Interesting stuff.

Jewel

Eddie said:
bought this very deck last nite!
was hoping to use it with my victorian romantic cards.
Any thoughts of how they might tie in?
Actually they probably work really well with the Fantastic Menagerie which is also done with Grandville's artwork ...

Ange

I've just got a mail from Amazon that they have been dispatched and should be with me tomorrow.... :) :)

And I do like the cards really......they are very very nice... :)

Ang x

Eddie

just out of interest, how big are they?
The flower oracle that is!
Eddie

Eddie

Sounds like they would be lovely to give as an advice card.
Especially with relationships.
eddie

Alta

Eddie said:
just out of interest, how big are they?
The flower oracle that is!
Eddie
They are the same size as all of the Magic Realist decks.