Greenwood Tarot

Ancestral Path Tarot

Tarot of Northern Shadows

Norse Tarot

Store Circle Oracle

The Chronicles of Destiny Fortune Cards

JasonLion

Lilian,

Draw a Card draws the top card from a freshly shuffled deck each time it is selected. Today's Card does the same thing, but never more than once a day. So if you pick Today's Card a second time on the same day it will show you the same card that was drawn earlier that day. Today's Card also merges the journal entries from all of the times it was selected in a single day into a single journal entry. Note that Today's Card is different in different decks, and different on different devices.

Draw from Fan models the entire deck, keeping track of the order the deck was shuffled into and how many cards are still available. The correct number of cards are displayed and each displayed card is connected to the corresponding location in the deck. So, yes, which card you pick does actually determine which of the remaining cards is chosen.

Not sure if this has been asked before but can the developers explain the difference between draw a card and today's card? Are both equally random or is there some logic behind it?

Also, when drawing a card from the fan of cards is that just cosmetic or the placement of the finger on the chosen card effectively changes the choice?

Thanks in advance. Your apps are the best! Really awesome.

JasonLion

Tanjamuse, thank you for your suggestions. We have already tried to license a few of those decks, most especially the Greenwood Tarot, and been unsuccessful. But several of the others we haven't tried for yet. I will add your new suggestions to our wish list for future investigation.

Lidian

Draw from Fan models the entire deck, keeping track of the order the deck was shuffled into and how many cards are still available. The correct number of cards are displayed and each displayed card is connected to the corresponding location in the deck. So, yes, which card you pick does actually determine which of the remaining cards is chosen.

Sounds great. Thank you for the reply.
I don't really use the shuffle and cut features but I do like to draw the cards from fan, is there a way to turn off the shuffle and cut screen and go directly from the spreads menu to the actual reading with draw from fan? I know there is an option to go straight to reading but that also removes the draw function.

Also, sometimes I'm experimenting with spreads and it keeps saving everything I do to the journal. I wish there was an option in settings that would only save to journal on request and not every single time.

JasonLion

Lidian, neither of those is possible right at the moment, but they are both great ideas and I will add them to our wish list for possible future consideration.

Lidian

Lidian, neither of those is possible right at the moment, but they are both great ideas and I will add them to our wish list for possible future consideration.

Thank you for considering it. Something that I'm sure has been asked before is sync of journal entries. I use your apps on the iPad and iPhone, doing readings in both depending on the situation, so it's not possible to keep an organized journal due to lack of sync. If only we could sync that via iCloud or Dropbox would be just great.

AJ

I've contacted Caroline Smith of Smith and Astrop and asked her to consider using you for their decks. I like them all but if I had to choose it would be wonderful to have one of their oracles for a change from tarot. The books are so well researched and the art is unique.

thank you for being so open to suggestions, I'm glad i joined in the app apolozza...

Lidian

Please apologise for another request Jason but would it be possible to update Shadowscapes with support for split screen on the iPad? I know that some of the tarot apps you developed already have that support but it's not working for Shadowscapes.

It's really a great feature while studying the tarot and examining different cards for research alongside a journal, browser or other software but at this point it just doesn't work.

jema

i am miserable now cause my phone is a windows phone and don't support that app, the only one I WANT!!

ficbot

I wish the apps had the card position meaning written on the 'table' part, not on the card meaning. I like to interpret intuitively, but in a multi-card spread where it's hard to keep track of what each card represents, I have to open up to the card meaning to see the position name and it ruins the intuitive flow.