Sex card symbol?

Aster Breo

If you could design a card to simply and unambiguously represent sex, what symbol would you choose?

eldritchgreene

In Lenormand I use The Whip and not the Lily, because the original name for the Whip in both German and French has phallic connotations (Rod), and also the Whip as a fetish tool. The Lily appears to be the feminine, virginal, receptive/passive approach for a sex card (also Lily stems are "sexual") a lot of people prefer it. I think anyone can hold a Whip!

A symbol apart from these I think anything along the fetish line, handcuffs, feathers? I've always liked the innocence lost imagery like in the films Company of Wolves or Valeries Week of Wonders where the colour red "corrupting" the white (as in a woman's "coming of age") is used to represent the loss of sexual innocence. In that way a Lily bouquet with a Red tinged flower would really appeal to me. I would still probably use The Whip for Sex though. There's always suggestive nudity as an option, but what about objectifying men for a change, a naked man covered in snow holding a red flower? Just off the top of my head.

(wink)

Edit: you did say unambiguously, sorry, then what about a simple sexual embrace, a fully tangled couple as one figure.

Padma

As "the red shoe diaries" are about sex, why not simply just a pair of sparkly red high heeled shoes...? You might even draw them with devil tails on the ends of the straps or something }) :laugh:

reall

this was tough question when painting my deck!:)) as from the start I know I had to include this card in extra Lenormand as it seems everyone asked for that specific card!:))
but not sure I've seen any deck with s card?x.x post if you know examples!^^;))
and it takes me a while to think a good image to present it and somehow I end up with symobolic/stilized option and even numerology and playing card insertion seems to fit perfectly as 4 and 3 are tarot emperor and empress f and m principle!^^ and 2 heart is 2 cups!^^ and I used red layer above so color end up pink with sparkles see here card no 43 https://6e64b612-a-62cb3a1a-s-sites...vsgcuMYPn3syiU34wRW-VZSzaYIg==&attredirects=0

lark

A bed.
Traditionally people do two things in beds...sleep and sex.

reall

A bed.
Traditionally people do two things in beds...sleep and sex.
not entirely true! there is plenty of things you can do in bed; reading books! eating! watching tv! surfing net,,,, and... you don't need bed for sex!? just saying,,, ;))) lolz

lark

not entirely true! there is plenty of things you can do in bed; reading books! eating! watching tv! surfing net,,,, and... you don't need bed for sex!? just saying,,, ;))) lolz
You're being to modern....my grandma would never have sat in bed and read...lol
She had sex or slept in her bed..(she had 12 kids)
Then she made it in the morning and never looked at it again until the evening...
Now we use our beds for all kinds of things...but traditionally as I said above it was for sex and sleep.
And the symbol of a bed would be instantly recognizable for either one of those two things...
If I was going to make a lenormand deck it would be my pick

What would you pick raell?

reall

You're being to modern....my grandma would never have sat in bed a read...lol
She had sex or slept in her bed..(she had 12 kids)
Then she made it in the morning and never looked at it again until the evening...
Now we use our beds for all kinds of things...but traditionally as I said above it was for sex and sleep.
And the symbol of a bed would be instantly recognizable for either one of those two things...
If I was going to make a lenormand deck it would be my pick

What would you pick raell?
ha ha ha! you are right! now when you ask 1st that fell on my mind is apple?x.x ;))

Tigerangel

I'd use an active erupting volcano spurting hot red lava out the mouth of the volcano and flowing down the outside of the volcano and maybe one side with lava turning to volcanic ash (Similar to how the coffin and clouds have dual sides), which I think could represent hot and passionate sex, and the side with the ash could represent the passion cooling down, and the volcano being representative of an orgasm.

Aster Breo

These are all really interesting ideas.

I like the aspect of the volcano that can show different "feelings" -- passionate or cooler. I'm thinking about how to apply that concept to a card to show romantic sex vs. platonic sex. But maybe that would be better shown through card combos.

Hmmmm...... Lots to consider.