What are your favorite scents?

MCsea

lilac.... just love it

jcwirish

My favorite scent is Plumeria oil. I absolutely love it. It reminds me of the beach and spring time. It just smells heavenly to me.

I got mine from a company in Capitola called, Panache. Another company called, Made in Santa Cruz, has Plumeria oil as well. Actually, these companies may now be one in the same. You could probably find it online.

greatdane

JC and MC....

and where might one obtain these wonderful scents? Do you order from special places? I've learned not all oils or brands are equal.

GD

Ethereal_Phoenix

I go towards Water Scents. A Rainy Day, Fresh Morning Dew, The Misty Beach Air...All those scents attract me most. :)
I also love light scents like Gardenia, Lavender and Rose.
When I'm feeling in the need for a Strong Scent (Those help me tap into my inner Psyche) I usually choose Bay, Sage or Sandalwood. :D
Patchouli is too much to handle for me though. :(

greatdane

I understand, Etheral

The only way I can wear patchouli oil straight, is by putting a little on my hands and when fresh out of shower, using it before I dry off, letting it mix a bit with water. It kind of "sets" and tones down the scent and mellows it a bit.

jcwirish

greatdane said:
and where might one obtain these wonderful scents? Do you order from special places? I've learned not all oils or brands are equal.

GD

See my post above.

Briar Rose

I just got Lauder's, Sensuous. Notes are; amber, honey, blackpepper, orange, woods, lily, magnolia ,ylang ylang and jasmine.

I've been wanting to get a bottle of Mackie and Chloe, and an old favorite, Raffinee.

I love Joy. VanillaFields.

But I really love fresh, leafy scents.

LeaRoseQuartz

My favorite scents are aura cacia's lavender, neroli, vanilla and frankincense oils. I also have patchouli, which is strong, but is nice. Their oils really smell wonderful, are natural and are top grade. I've been buying them for years. There are alot of scents to choose from. I have many of them. Some of them can irritate your skin and need to be mixed with a carrier oil. I like jojoba oil for that, which they sell, also. You can buy some of them already pre-mixed. I use lavender and patchouli, straight from the bottle, as they don't bother me. You can buy them from auracacia.com, vitacost.com or amazon.com. and health food stores sell them, also.

Ashtaroot

Lavender
Rose

greatdane

LeaRose and Ash, hard to go wrong....

with the scents you chose! Lea, thanks for your tips. I find using right out of shower is the best way for me to use patchouli oil, just rubbing a few drops on hands and letting it mingle with the bit of water before drying off. Just seems to soften it. I do love patchouli, well, the decent kinds of oils, there are so that cut it too much. If you haven't checked out Morticia's link on this thread re scents and Nisaba's, ooooh you don't know what you're missing! LOVE reading about the scents on those sites!

GD and oh my it just smells delicious on this thread! :)