Oreste Zevola tarot - pls help change my view

rylla

It's a one of a kind deck, even the size of the cards are unique and I'd like to make friendship with it but as I look at the cards the figures all seem to me as being war veterans or coming from war which is depressing for me.

What do you see, what these figures represent for you? (I'm hoping to learn that you see these cards in a much more positive way than I do) (like fairies maybe! :) OK that can't be but you get the idea)

CharlotteK

I'd really like to say something positive about these images but I find them jagged and cruel looking as opposed to unsettling in a constructively disruptive way, or even weirdly charming. Depressing is a good description. Strangely bereft of hope to me.

DDwarks

It looks like it's been drawn by Hannibal Lector :bugeyed:

This deck will take you places you *don't* want to go!

gregory

I actually don't have a problem with them. There is so much symbolism in each card, and the almost dispassionate facial expressions mean you have to think harder abut the cards than sometimes - they often give a different perspective. And just looking at the moon card reminds me why I like the deck :)

rylla

I actually don't have a problem with them. There is so much symbolism in each card, and the almost dispassionate facial expressions mean you have to think harder abut the cards than sometimes - they often give a different perspective. And just looking at the moon card reminds me why I like the deck :)

That is my favorite card in the deck! OK. I'll try to see them as dispassionate figures (which isn't a bad thing). (but I also see there lots of scars - which is not too uplifting :) - maybe I paint some small flowers on the cards :) for balance)

jujustar

Oh i LOVE this deck!! Cant believe it went totally under my radar till now.

Has anyone found a good site to get it apart from Amazon?
Im searching using google translate atm :)

Im in australia and shipping charges via Amazon are dreadful.

gregory

abe has it. But it's not cheap. Also ebay.