Attention, edgers, gilders, and blingers: what are your tools of choice?

G6

I recently blackened the edges of my Golden Universal deck with an
Avery Marks-A-Lot marker. I purchased a pack of them on Amazon,
and it worked out perfectly! The edge of the marker is angled, so it
is incredibly easy to use and nearly impossible to make a mistake with
it. I laid the cards out separately for about an hour to make sure they
were dry, and I am in love with the result. (I can't take pictures of the
deck just now to share, but I plan to do this over the next week or so).

Cool. Is that the OOP, B+W Golden Universal? Yeah, pictures would be cool, thanks!

RiverRunsDeep

Cool. Is that the OOP, B+W Golden Universal? Yeah, pictures would be cool, thanks!

No,it is the in-print, fully-colored Lo Scarabeo version with gold foil. The
blackened edges combined with the black borders and gold foil is really
amazing!

FLizarraga

I recently blackened the edges of my Golden Universal deck with an
Avery Marks-A-Lot marker. I purchased a pack of them on Amazon,
and it worked out perfectly! The edge of the marker is angled, so it
is incredibly easy to use and nearly impossible to make a mistake with
it. I laid the cards out separately for about an hour to make sure they
were dry, and I am in love with the result. (I can't take pictures of the
deck just now to share, but I plan to do this over the next week or so).

I second the Avery Marks-A-Lot. The angled edge DOES make a difference, and the ink stays put, zero mess. And Maree Bento uses it for her Antiquarian deck. She has a video somewhere about how to use them.

And yes, the black does set off the gold to perfection. I have done to a couple of my golden foil Lo Scarabeo decks... :)

RiverRunsDeep

As promised, here are pictures of my Golden Universal deck with
blackened edges.

Attachments

• IMG_1164.jpg
    IMG_1164.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 558
  • IMG_1165.jpg
    IMG_1165.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 551
  • IMG_1166.jpg
    IMG_1166.jpg
    131.8 KB · Views: 535

G6

Edged White Border with White or Color?

Hi All!

Has anyone edged a white bordered deck with color and it didn't bleed/looks awesome?

Is there a white permanent marker to edge a dingy white bordered deck?

If you have tool names, image examples, great, thanks!

G6

Edging When Card Front and Back are Different Colors?

Another Q...

Has anyone edged a deck where the backs are darker than the borders on the face? If so, does it leave a darker edge around the face or does it work out fine?

Thanks!

G6

Shadowscapes with Playful Purple Bic Mark It

Another Q...

Has anyone edged a deck where the backs are darker than the borders on the face? If so, does it leave a darker edge around the face or does it work out fine?

Thanks!

Okay, I'll answer my own post...

Attachments

• Shadowscapes_PurpleEdge.jpg
    Shadowscapes_PurpleEdge.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 588

illyria

These are gorgeous, goldenVI.

FLizarraga

As promised, here are pictures of my Golden Universal deck with
blackened edges.

Classy, classy, classy.... :thumbsup:

Hi All!

Has anyone edged a white bordered deck with color and it didn't bleed/looks awesome?

Is there a white permanent marker to edge a dingy white bordered deck?

If you have tool names, image examples, great, thanks!

Sorry, have been busy and haven't been paying attention to the thread. There are indeed white markers. I have one of them, Tim Holtz's Picket Fence, but haven't tried it yet.

And yes, it's a little tricky to edge white borders. I generally succeed with a silver Sharpie, but everything else tends to bleed like there's no tomorrow. Pads here work a little better than markers, but not by much. I'm currently agonizing over my Centennial in a tin...

Another Q...

Thanks!

Good thing you answered your own question. It looks spectacular! :)

G6

Classy, classy, classy.... :thumbsup:

Sorry, have been busy and haven't been paying attention to the thread. There are indeed white markers. I have one of them, Tim Holtz's Picket Fence, but haven't tried it yet.

And yes, it's a little tricky to edge white borders. I generally succeed with a silver Sharpie, but everything else tends to bleed like there's no tomorrow. Pads here work a little better than markers, but not by much. I'm currently agonizing over my Centennial in a tin...

Good thing you answered your own question. It looks spectacular! :)

I noticed the purple edge now only because I went over it twice. It wasn't as even as I would like, so now it's an even solid purple. I'm not minding the purple edge on the face side of the cards at the moment though.

Do you use the Silver Sharpie for white on white because it's hard to match whites or you just like the look better? I received an old, well used, Winged Spirit and you can see the use mainly on the edges because it's white on white. It's not a deck that would look bad with a silver or gold edge, but I'm thinking I'd like to keep it all white.

I can't find those Tim Holzer pens anywhere nearby. Here's some other white pens:

Sharpie Paint Marker Pen Oil Based, Bold White

Sharpie Meanstreak, White

Sanford Unipaint, White

Any thoughts on these anyone? Or edging Winged Spirit in general? White vs. Metallic (Silver or Gold)

Thanks!