Family Reading

katyanne

So I want to gather everyone in my immediate family (five of us) and all draw one card each to tell us about our family and the dynamics at play. Is that something that will work?

antigravgem

I honestly don't see why not! Tarot is by its nature super versatile. Maybe have each person shuffle and cut the deck while focusing before they draw their individual cards?

Alta

Could be excellent but make sure that everyone involved is on board with the idea first. Even one person bringing in negativity could upset the whole process.

Tanga

So I want to gather everyone in my immediate family (five of us) and all draw one card each to tell us about our family and the dynamics at play. Is that something that will work?

Why not? Could be fun and initiate conversations and explorations within your relationships that would be beneficial.
So long as they all really would like to do it - and are not just waiting for an excuse to
argue or something?... or prove how rubbish card reading is. (Ditto Alta).

mrpants

If all your family is open to it, then the exercise could be really fun. But definitely keep it fun! I would try to steer clear of absolutes and dogma, instead enjoying the creative aspect of the cards, and games.

bubblyNightmare

If they don't know much about tarot I'd try to assure them that the title of the cards are just metaphors. I don't know what my mom would do if she drew the death card lol