Tarot de Marseille: your Top Five

TemperanceAngel

I am wondering how all you folk with your Marseille decks can figure out what is your fave?
Does it change for you at times?

Paul

Oh yes, mine changes...but then I tend to have adult attention deficit disorder :)---
oooh, look at that bird outside, and the sunset is so pretty
-- anyway, this spills over into my Tarot de Marseille decks --
I wonder what the weather is like in Marseilles at this time of year...I've gotta make dinner...wonder what I'll make --
sure like this post.

;)

tmgrl2

Dodal Dusserre
Dodal (22 majors-letarot.com)
Noblet (22 majors-letarot.com)
Hadar
Camoin

Moonbow

I can't come up with 5 yet because I'm still getting freindly with my small collection, but these are the ones I really like so far:

Camoin-Jodorowsky
Dodal Dusserre
Heron Conver

(not necessarily in that order)

jmd

I personally agree with Paul that if Flornoy's Dodal made it to the full 78 version, it would also be my personal favourite. Being only Atouts, however, I won't list either it or his Noblet as part of my top five (likewise the Félicité, which also ranks amongst my favourite major-only modern decks).

1: Dodal (Dussere)
2: Conver (Héron)
3: Conver (Camoin)
4: Hadar
5: Camoin-Jodorowski

I should mention that I do not as yet have a copy of the Rodes-Sanchez rendition.

Grigori

Thanks you so much Rusty Neon! The scans are beautiful, now I'm afraid I must order a copy. Or perhaps wait a little while to see what the metallic version looks like....

I have been trying to decide on which version of TdM to choose as my first (excluding The Spanish Tarot that I have, and detest). It seems the decision has been made for me. :)

EDITED TO ADD:

OK caved in about 5 minutes and ordered it right away. Must learn to control spending impulses better I thinks...

fyreflye

I just noticed that Tarot Garden has posted my #1 favorite, the Veritable Tarot of Marseille by Kris Hadar, at the currently reduced price of $23 in their Reverse Auction sale. I wouldn't count on it going down any further before somebody snaps it up.

Scion

I'm very new to the world of TdM but for what it's worth:

1. Hadar
2. Conver (Héron)
3. Camoin-Jodorowski
4. Tarot de la Rea (can I call this a Marseille?)
5. Noblet (Flornoy) even though it's minor-less.

Strange to try to compare these. They are so (obviously!) similar, yet simultaneously distinct. There's a truth there somewhere.

Diana

Scion said:
There's a truth there somewhere.

That's my favourite one! I was wondering when someone was going to mention it!

(I was not going to participate in these Awards, but Scion does have this ability to make me sit up in my chair instead of slouching.)

*Diana goes back to her slouching position.*