The Game of Destiny book - cards?

Emily

I found this on Amazon - The GAME OF DESTINY - Fortune Telling with Lenormand Cards - it seems a very high price for just a book so I wondered if it comes with a deck of cards too.

I've done some searching and can't see any reference to it coming with the cards so I thought I would post on here and ask. :)

avalonian

As there is no mention of cards being included then I would assume that they are not. It looks like it's from a small publisher so that may explain the high price.

Emily

Thats a shame, I like the cards featured on the front cover and the layout of the book and was one click away from ordering until I realised that nowhere did it mention coming with cards.

It's very expensive for softcover book.

alteredego

I have the book and it doesn't come with cards. The deck on the book is by Piatnik.

The book is (I am almost 100% certain) self published by the author and one of the very few written in English, which may account for the higher price.

Emily

Hi alteredego,

Thanks for clearing that up, :) - I've read through a few pages and some of the reviews for it, good and bad. I have so few books for the Lenormand it might just be worth investing in it - the Piatnik deck is on my wishlist anyway. :)

Emily

Hi Adjustment,

Thanks for the links - I hadn't heard about the Treppner course before - I'm still reading through the various Lenormand threads and hadn't come across that one at all.

I do have 'The secrets of the lenormand Oracle' by Sylvie Steinbach coming in the post but I am going to look further into the Treppner course too. I think I'll give the Game of Destiny book a miss, I can't really justify spending so much on a single book.

But the Treppner course does sound interesting. :)

Astraea

Hi Emily, glad you've discovered the joys of Lenormand! There was a thread awhile back in which the Game of Destiny was discussed, here's a link: http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=86252&highlight=steinbach.

The Treppner course is wonderful. There have been some informative threads about it on Aeclectic over the past year.

(Edited to add a link to one of the Treppner threads: http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=88434&highlight=treppner

It's even easier to order the Treppner course now, because much of their website has been translated into English. The link to their site is included in the thread above.

...and a second edit to say that the Treppner course consists of several pdf files which, printed out, comprise a book - there are no lessons you have to submit or anything like that. I have found the course to be invaluable, both as a foundation for studying other approaches, and as a method to return to again and again.)

Emily

I did actually bite the bullet and ordered this book LOL- I'm really enjoying these cards and although searching online has given me a lot of information, I don't think there is enough written in English for these lovely cards so I've ordered this book and the 'Secrets of the Lenormand' too, (I ordered this book a while back and am still awating delivery). :)

I'll read both books and then decide which system of reading I want to concentrate on, or learn one first then the other. :)