All-Purpose Compass Spread (6) By Glass Owl

"Your inner knowing is your only true compass." ~Joy Page

----4----
---------
5--1/2--6
---------
----3----

1. Question or Current Situation
Where you find yourself presently. The heart of the matter.

2. The Weather
Forces or energies bearing down on the situation presently, affecting it for better or worse. (This card crosses card 1.)

3. Recent Past
Where you were before. The foundation or root.

4. Potential Developments
What can be seen in the horizon. This is the direction the situation is heading towards and may serve as a warning.

5. A Step Backwards: Forget This
What holds you back or weighs you down. Reduce, discard, or avoid this negative energy to make the best of your situation.

6. A Step Forward: Remember This
What motivates you to grow and provides you with a sense of purpose. Nurture and embrace this positive energy to make the best of your situation.

**I'm also thinking that this layout may work as well.

----6----
---------
3--1/2--4
---------
----5----

BeyondtheVeil

Thanks, Glass Owl! :)

Thanks for posting the spread, Glass Owl! :heart: This looks like a great indepth spread for helping to focus on a situation. I am adding this to my Tarot Spreads Collection! :thumbsup: I also think I will do this spread today as it really does look like it will help me out.

Thanks again! :)
BeyondtheVeil

Pam O

What do you think about incorporating North, South, East & West into your "Compass Spread" and re-name this simply "All-Purpose Spread"? Just a thought...

poopsie

Hi Glass Own and Pam O

For Glass Owl -- thanks for sharing the spread. I will definitely give this a try in my current question. It came at the right time.

For Pam O -- I find the suggestion of incorporating North South East West interesting and intriguing. I would love to hear what the north south east west symbols would symbolize or how I could integrate them. Other than the psychological self-awareness tool called Personality Compass that uses these four directions which I am familiar with, I am actually still a novice on how I can integrate them into my readings. Hope I can expand this further through your ideas. Thanks.

CarboniteSky

Compass meanings

Hello all,

I liked the thread and my results made me think, certainly!

Poopsie - for me I would think 'North' to maybe indicate mental/"head-space" influence. 'South' to be physical/"road travelling on" influence. East/West would be unsubconscious and conscious influence.

I'm sure there are other incorporations too.

Best wishes,
Sky x

Cassandra022

lol methinks i know what chiska did :p

this spread reads really well, though. thanks for another great spread glass owl :D

Glass Owl

for me I would think 'North' to maybe indicate mental/"head-space" influence. 'South' to be physical/"road travelling on" influence. East/West would be unsubconscious and conscious influence.

I'm sure there are other incorporations too.

How about this?

--1--
3---4
--2--

1. North - mental, "head-space" aspect
2. South - physical, "road travelling on" aspect
3. East - unsubconscious spiritual aspect
4. West - conscious spiritual aspect

Chiska

lol methinks i know what chiska did :p

this spread reads really well, though. thanks for another great spread glass owl :D

Yes! it does read very well!

And yes, I did post my reading here! What a doofus I am. :)

Amanda

I like the way you positioned the cards in the first layout- It goes along well with the idea of ascension; as we progress, we evolve, which gives me the sense of growing "up" as we move forward.

Barleywine

I've always been curious about all of the similar spreads that run "top-bottom-left-right" or "bottom-top-left-right." My first exposure to tarot decades ago was Eden Gray, who ran the progression clockwise from "Card 3" at the bottom. All of the other variations have struck me as having echoes of the Catholic "sign of the cross." Hidden Christian symbolism in the tarot?

I like the attributions Glass Owl has given to the different placements in what looks like a stripped-down variant of the Celtic Cross spread.