Art Nouveau Oracle - Antonella Castelli (LS)

avalonian

I have the oracle and the Tarot deck, also (breaks the news gently) the Astrological Oracle by the same artist. If you like the art of Mucha you will love all of them. Of the three I think I prefer the Astrological Oracle.

HearthCricket

I have all three, as well. They really do look nice together and could make for some very interesting reads! The style is very Mucha-like, but perhaps even nicer! I would have to pull all of mine out, but I think the colours are pretty much the same. They didn't seem washed out to me. Perhaps it is because they are smaller than the Tarot and the Astrological Oracle? I love the style, though. Art Nouveau is so pretty and she does a lovely job with it. All swirly and graceful, with flowers abundant.

Can you imagine her making a Goddess Tarot or Oracle? Oooh!!

faunabay

This is a lenormand based deck. So it's got 36 cards with all the typical lenormand items....heart, ship, key, etc. Some are held by the art nouveau women and others are just by themselves on the cards. I haven't gotten it, but know a couple of people who have it on pre-order at amazon.com You can also see more of the cards on esoterikshop.de Here's the link.....

http://www.esoterikshopping.de/view_product.php?product=lenormandkarten23

And yes, even though they look a bit different I have done some checking and these are from the same deck. I think they just cut off the titles on esoterik.

Aulruna

I also have all three.

In my printing versions, the Art Nouveau and the Tarot deck are very similar in colouring and on white backgrounds, the Astrological has softer, more muted colours and is on a chamois background.

Also beware - all three are of a different size, so you can't actually mix them if that was the intention. (Art Nouveau Oracle - 62x100, Tarot deck 66x120, Astrological 80x145, like the Grand Trumps format.)

HearthCricket

Aulruna said:
Also beware - all three are of a different size, so you can't actually mix them if that was the intention. (Art Nouveau Oracle - 62x100, Tarot deck 66x120, Astrological 80x145, like the Grand Trumps format.)

Not mix as a deck, but excellent to read together. Shuffle and pull one card out of each deck and see what happens. Toss in a rune, too. Umbrae taught me this!

6 Haunted Days

I couldn't resist nor wait for it to be published in the US any longer, so I ordered it (along with the Goethe Transformation playing cards) from Alida last night!

I love her art and I love Lenormand, so this is for sure going to be a favourite :D

Chronata

Damn...that is a pretty little thing, isn't it?

I have the Art Nouveau tarot, but I don't use it much. But I probably would use this a lot more!
You say there is an astrological one too?
Must do me some research!

Queen of Disks

I have the Astrological Oracle, and I haven't used it at all because the cards are so big. I keep it more for the artwork then aything else. It's ok.

Queen of Disks

I like Antonella Castelli's artwork, but the decks with her art don't work for me or appeal to me at all.