Full year Spread

x_shadow_xx

I've had a look on the site for a year spread, but can't find anything that felt quite right, so I designed my own. It's quite a large one and looks something like this...

First separate the Majors, these will be the first 12 cards laid, and signify the 'theme' of the whole month.

1**13*14*15*16
2**17*18*19*20
3**21*22*23*24
4**25*26*27*28
5**29*30*31*32
6**33*34*35*36
7**37*38*39*40
8**41*42*43*44
9**45*46*47*48
10**49*50*51*52
11**53*54*55*56
12**57*58*59*60

Cards 1 to 12 are Jan thru Dec (or starting whatever month you wish) and cards 13 to 60 expand the month, week by week.

I've not tried this one out yet, but will do this week. I'm also contemplating re-shuffling the un-dealt Majors back in the pack after dealing the first 12.

What do you think?

Ann Yu

Huge spread T__T

Anyway, it's impressive

rwcarter

Yes, that is a huge spread. (One day I hope to do a full 78-card spread....)

One small point of contention though. A year has 52 weeks, but your spread only covers 48 weeks. In a general spread, it's hard to show where those extra 4 weeks should go, but you should at least mention it. July 2008 could be considered to be 5 weeks long since it occupies all 7 days of three weeks and 5 days of two other weeks. But July 2007 could be considered to only be 4 weeks long since it occupies 7 days of 4 weeks and only 3 days of another week. So any month that occupies at least 4 days of the week would be considered a full week for that month.

Rodney

x_shadow_xx

Yes it's huge, I had a craving for a massive spread :D

rwcarter said:
One small point of contention though. A year has 52 weeks, but your spread only covers 48 weeks.

Oops, all I was thinking was that 4 weeks in a month. Forgot about the longer months!

I suppose you could add an extra card for the months with 5 weeks, but you'll need to check against a calender.

Ann Yu

It's very general for a year but I think 1 month-spread, 3 months-spread are giving us enough information. If we know all about a year that is going to happen, I think it's less interesting. ^^

x_shadow_xx

Ann Yu said:
It's very general for a year but I think 1 month-spread, 3 months-spread are giving us enough information. If we know all about a year that is going to happen, I think it's less interesting. ^^

Whats the difference between doing a year spread, or doing a 3 month spread every 3 months??

I don't think I'll bother posting any other spreads. :(

Thanks for looking

GreenMoonBeam

WOW! I like the idea of that big a spread: that must have taken you a while
to work on. Don't stop posting threads because you can always tweak them. And a lazy user like me, can look at them and use them. I reckon it is a good try
fro you. :): :):

rwcarter

x_shadow_xx said:
Whats the difference between doing a year spread, or doing a 3 month spread every 3 months??

I don't think I'll bother posting any other spreads. :(

Thanks for looking
x,

For me at least, the longer out the spread predicts, the more likely it is that the information will be wrong because of things that have transpired earlier in the year. For example, if I see a marriage in the 11th month, but I break up with my fiance in the 5th month (which wasn't shown in the cards), then it's more likely that the marriage shown in the 11th month won't happen. It's kinda like trying to chew a whole steak all at once instead of cutting it up into smaller bite-sized chunks.

Please continue to share your spreads! Not everyone who finds a spread useful and interesting posts to say so. So even if you get negative feedback on something you post, you can pretty much be sure that other people are finding it useful. Also something you post might be a jumping off point for someone else.

Rodney

x_shadow_xx

rwcarter said:
x,

For me at least, the longer out the spread predicts, the more likely it is that the information will be wrong because of things that have transpired earlier in the year. For example, if I see a marriage in the 11th month, but I break up with my fiance in the 5th month (which wasn't shown in the cards), then it's more likely that the marriage shown in the 11th month won't happen. It's kinda like trying to chew a whole steak all at once instead of cutting it up into smaller bite-sized chunks.

Please continue to share your spreads! Not everyone who finds a spread useful and interesting posts to say so. So even if you get negative feedback on something you post, you can pretty much be sure that other people are finding it useful. Also something you post might be a jumping off point for someone else.

Rodney

Thank you :D I realise that the further away you look the more vague the reading is/less chance to happen due to unknown factors in between, but it just gives a rough idea.

Thanks for your kind words :D