Sabian Symbols Study Group: Leo 22 - #142

Elven

:) Welcome to the Sabian Symbol Oracle Study thread!

Please feel free to discuss the Sabian Symbol in this thread, and to ask questions or, explore any aspect of the many interpretions the Symbol holds. Please add your own observations and interpretations too!! The Symbol used in this heading is by Lynda Hill www.sabiansymbols.com

Sun Sign: LEO
Degree: 22
Number: 142

Symbol: A CARRIER PIGEON FULFILLING ITS MISSION.

purple_scorp

I thought it would be good to use the Orphalese software to record my daily sabian symbol readings and so set about looking for appropriate images to convey the meaning of each card.

Attached is what I came up with for this symbol.

with love
purple_scorp

Attachments

• 141.jpg
    141.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 285

tink27

Cool pic purple_scorp! I'm trying to figure out if he's hanging on to that pigeon or fumbling for its secret message.

I looked up pigeon in Animal Speak, by Ted Andrews…….

The pigeon has a long history associated with the home and with fertility. The real name of Christopher Columbus was “Colombo” which is the Italian word for “pigeon.” Columbus helped discover a new home. The pigeon also has an extraordinary homing sense. It knows how to find it way back home, no matter how far it has gone.

It is because of this that they often are symbols for a time or a need to return to the security of the home. Pigeons can teach us how to find our way back when we are lost. They help us to remember and find the love of home and homelife that we have either given up or lost. They are the only bird that can drink by sucking up water into their beaks. This reflects that ability to draw on the energies of home, no matter how distant.

I get the sense that in this symbol we're trying to restore our equilibrium after an up and down cycle of events. It's like nostaglic moments are mixing with harsh realities and somehow we've got to get to the bottom of something that's been troubling our lives. It's like the pigeon could be offering us some background information to give us a more expanded view. Heavy exchanges could be taking place here.......and we're in the midst of this turmoil....but within it we get a creative flash of thoughts and intuition.

As usual, I've typed a couple of pages discerning this and other symbols. But which paragraph, which statement stands truer than the rest?

Perhaps he wanted to soar above the corporate rat race or reduce stress in his life by redirecting his energy away from the ground. Maybe, his job or someone has put him to the test. Will he figure it out or try to bluff his way through. We can’t hide from our mistakes….the pigeon’s message could simply be for us to deal with them on the physical plane. Stop running it says, you’ve got a good foundation that promises good returns if you look at restructuring and building it brick by brick. And, this pilot may just be able to do this with the unexpected gift this pigeon brings.

Quick thinking and trusting our intuition may help us in making important decisions in rearranging our life or even breaking out and making some kind of dramatic move. But we've got to take care of those little details and long forgotten loose ends.

On the downside we may have to let go or our ego aspirations if our 'real dream' is to come true. Staying centered and grounded is so hard to do when our physical desires conflict with our soul’s inner urging and purpose. It’s time to sort out our fantasies and our fictions from the facts. Hmm, don’t try to be something you’re not. It could have serious repercussions!

tink :love:

MCsea

So we go from chickens who should not fly - drunk in particular to homing pigeons who HAVE to fly - they ahve a job a duty too.. but they are still little birds in that great big sky....

Leo 22
Birthdays: August 13th–15th
Numerology: 142
Sabian Symbol: A homing pigeon
Marc Edmund Jones Key Word: Enlightenment
Jane Ridder-Patrick Healing Body Point: Left auricle
Crystal Element: Violane
Expression: Violane is a light blue-violet form of diopside. Violane channels true spiritual insight and angelic messages; it connects the everyday to the divine.
Message: Illumination, clarification, focus and perseverance.
Sun Focus: You are on an amazing journey of understanding; continue to relay messages, sharing your experience and wisdom.
Affirmation: I look toward the ascension process to reconnect me to my divine purpose.