Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Tarot Forum

Deck of the Week : Sign-up Thread: Week 309 : July 1 - July 7

> Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot > Talking Tarot

Citizen

missy 

Quote:
Originally Posted by VGimlet View Post
New thread is up - yay.

I've also posted a new thread for our daily draws for July through December.

This week I am sticking with the Universal Fantasy, such a pretty deck.
VGimlet please add me to this week's study group list thank you.
Top   #81
Resident

Luxa 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ View Post
I had a mental response to all the posts above me, but remember all the way to the bottom of the page? Not in this lifetime.
AJ, I do that all the time! Its so hard to respond to everyone.

Quote:
there are so few of us, a poll might be skewed by passing forum members.
I thought about that, but I just assumed we'd all vote, then post what we voted for. That way we can count the votes and we'll know which votes came from the group. I guess it doesn't mean other votes are not valid, if people take part without posting. That part I can't work out!

Are people willing to post which forum they voted for?

Quote:
We used to all give a pinch of opinion re: our chosen deck of the week, it is nice to see that resurrected.
Really the nonrule at the top, do you like the deck well enough to keep and put in line for the next circle through our decks.
Did you mean me here, AJ, when I said its lucky there's no rules? I'm a bit confused. If you did mean me, I love the deck I stopped using. I just changed decks because it didn't fit my mood this week. Sorry if I've misunderstood you here and you're not talking to me at all!!

As for the Thoth, there are so many beautiful decks, but I have my hands full with RWS just now! Maybe in another 10 years...
Top   #82
Citizen

csmith0406 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luxa View Post

Are people willing to post which forum they voted for?
I could be wrong, but I was thinking people wanted to keep their votes confidential because we know so many people who started the new forums. It might feel like we are rejecting the person if we don't pick their forum, even though of course we aren't.
Top   #83
Resident

Luxa 

Quote:
Originally Posted by csmith0406 View Post
I could be wrong, but I was thinking people wanted to keep their votes confidential because we know so many people who started the new forums. It might feel like we are rejecting the person if we don't pick their forum, even though of course we aren't.
Yes, that makes sense! Sorry, as I'm a bit newer here, I don't have that issue. I don't really know anyone who has started a forum.

Though, its not a personal vote, as you say. Hopefully no one will be hurt by the vote, its just a way to work out where to go.

Just ignore my question about posting who you voted for! Carry on as you were
Top   #84
Citizen

AJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ
Really the nonrule at the top, do you like the deck well enough to keep and put in line for the next circle through our decks.

Did you mean me here, AJ, when I said its lucky there's no rules? I'm a bit confused. If you did mean me, I love the deck I stopped using. I just changed decks because it didn't fit my mood this week. Sorry if I've misunderstood you here and you're not talking to me at all!!

gosh NO. that was a bit of a convoluted sentence even for me.
I just meant, for me, the deck rotation is what my #1 nonrule is about.
Which I think has covered three decks this week, and I haven't updated VG's list.

No rules. I'm even over my personal online limit, but lightening hasn't struck me dumb yet.
Top   #85
Resident

Luxa 

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ

gosh NO. that was a bit of a convoluted sentence even for me.
I just meant, for me, the deck rotation is what my #1 nonrule is about.
Which I think has covered three decks this week, and I haven't updated VG's list.

No rules. I'm even over my personal online limit, but lightening hasn't struck me dumb yet.
lol, I see!! I completely misunderstood you! Thank you for explaining

I think we might all be over our online limit this week, I know I am! On that note, I'm off to bed...
Top   #86
Citizen

Rose Lalonde 

Would it be convenient for others if we ended up voting/deciding early if we think we're ready to make a decision before the 10th? No worries if not! Only if it works for you all.

I've decided to wait to see where this group and the Thoth folks go. I'd prefer not to keep track of 3 forums, so I don't want to get settled in posting my daily draw threads somewhere (no longer postable here as of today), only to find the groups I want to keep up with are at two other places.
Top   #87
Citizen

DaughterOfDanu 

I have one or two forums I'm leaning towards but my plan is to hold back and wait on fully immersing myself into a forum until a few weeks after AT's closing. I feel most of the forums created will see a surge in activity but quickly will go inactive as members gravitate to one main forum. Regardless I'll be participating in the DotW thread in whatever forum we ultimately decide But for my main tarot-socializing I'll want to be where most the activity is long term.
Top   #88
Citizen

missy 
Today's drawing: Circle of Life Tarot and Dragonfae Oracle

This one seems again connected to the group so I will share.

Image of reading: http://imgur.com/6I9XZqG.jpg

Circle of Life tarot:

Past: Ace of Swords: Pregnant with new ideas, about to give birth, full, laden, weighed down, fortitude.

Present: Ace of Wands: Birth is near, that urge to stay in the womb and not depart, a time for new beginnings, courage.

Future: The World: Surrounded by friends and loved ones, peace, serenity, at one with the universe, integration, fulfillment.

Oracle of the Dragonfae, clarity card:

Pellinor & the Lady, Bittersweet Farewell: "Bittersweet Farewell" written on the card seems to say it all.

Quoting from Lucy Cavendish's marvelous guidebook, "We are saying farewell and our hearts are breaking. While we say farewell, for now, we do not know what lies before us, only that for a time it is necessary for us to be separated from the one we love with all our being in order to complete our missions. We are sad, but we are also feeling blessed, because together we have experienced a sweetness and joy that few in this world can lay claim to..." "...There is now a time when you must go on alone. You will be reunited. But when that is, precisely, will be unclear for a time. Bittersweet is the ache within our hearts, but happy are we who have loved."
Top   #89
Citizen

Carojulie 

Helllo,
Well, at last today I took my cards out for some reading. The last days I have mainly wandered from new forum to new forum to explore, and visited AT's farewell threads.

Today I did a deck interview with my DOTW (the Victorian Romantic I have had for a time but never interviewed it before today. I have the russian edition, bought from a very darling person on ebay)

Victorian Romantic interview :

1 - Who are you ? Tell me about yourself.
The Star : I am beautiful and I bring hope. I might appear naked before you, but I still have a lot of hidden treasures for you to explore, my nudity is only meant to lure you with my beauty.

2 - What gift do you bring into my life ?
The Hermit : I will teach you to take time and reflect on anything and everything for yourself. I will show you that you know more than you thingk, and that often, the answer is already inside your mind, if only you take the time to listen to yourself.

3 - How do you speak, what is your strength ?
Eight of Cups : My strenght is to teach you to listen and embrace all your emotions, and once you have welcomed them and embraced them, then you can distanciate yourself enough from them so that your intuition can chime in and at last you can hear it.

4 - Any weakness you might have ?
Seven of Cups : my illustrations are so rich, that they can lure you to many different possible interpretations for each question you will ask and each card you will draw. So, beware... and dont forget my advices in the third and fifth positions !

5 - How should I listen to you ?
The Moon : dont forget that sometimes, things are not what they seem to be. Take your time, trust yourself, remember that the Moon is your ally and if she troubles your vision at night, there is a reason. Also trust that in the morning, light comes back. Lean the values of mysteries, and learn patience also....

6 - What can I do for you to ensure our good relationship ?
Six of Pentacles : Love me well, be grateful for my beautiful art, treat me to a comfortable and secure pouch and a nice reading cloth, and I will give you many wonderful years of love and beautiful readings in return.

7- Anything else that you would like to tell me ?
Judgement : Today is the first day of the rest of your life.
Top   #90

Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Tarot Forum
Aeclectic Tarot Forum Links
· Tarot
· Tarot Special Interest
· Beyond Tarot
· Forum Library

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Tarot Books
· What's New

Copyright © 1996 - 2019 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.