Ancient Feminine Wisdom: Of Goddesses and Heroines

Crescent

I was searching around the net, and came across this deck. I am not sure if it is an Oracle or a Tarot deck. I can't seem to get any information or photos of it.

Basically, all I got as far as info is concerned, is that this is based on Greek Goddess mythology.

I didnt even see a review of it here! Which surprised me. I am thinking this is a recently released set?

Does anyone know of this deck? And if so, what's your opinion?

Alta

I have it and it is an oracle. It is by Kay Steventon who did the Spiral Tarot and the Celestial tarot and the art style is the same (of course).

The cards each have an image of a goddess or heroine with their name on the top and a keyword for the card on the bottom. There is a paper fold-out sheet with a suggested layout based on a horoscope, while the LWB gives a summary of the goddess or heroine and then divinatory meanings for the card.

It is nicely done, that smooth USG lamination, which I personally like.

Crescent

Thank you, Alta.
I took a look at the Spiral Tarot to glean some idea of Steventon's works.
I was hoping it was a tarot deck..
I still think I may get myself this deck tho...

Alta

Here are a couple of cards to show the style and two sets of pages from the LWB. There are 52 cards altogether.

Attachments

• Oracle images_rs.jpg
    Oracle images_rs.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 1,107
  • OracleLWB1_rs.jpg
    OracleLWB1_rs.jpg
    140.2 KB · Views: 466
  • Oracle LWB2_rs.jpg
    Oracle LWB2_rs.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 426

Crescent

Thank you Alta for posting the picture and info. I like Greek Mythology, so I just may treat myself to this Oracle.

Was this Oracle just recently released?

Alta

Crescent said:
Was this Oracle just recently released?
I don't know. I just got it recently myself, but that may not mean anything. The LWB copyright is 2007 but it might not have been released until 2008.

Grizabella

This looks really beautiful. Maybe I'll put that on my oracle wishlist. Thank you for posting scans, Alta.

Crescent

THanks Nydia. I am liking this oracle deck more and more.

Erzebet

Crescent said:
I was searching around the net, and came across this deck. I am not sure if it is an Oracle or a Tarot deck. I can't seem to get any information or photos of it.

Basically, all I got as far as info is concerned, is that this is based on Greek Goddess mythology.

I didnt even see a review of it here! Which surprised me. I am thinking this is a recently released set?

Does anyone know of this deck? And if so, what's your opinion?

This deck isn't new, it was released last year, I got it last year too. It's a very pretty oracle and the booklet is pretty good. Having said that I have never read with it yet!

There is another thread on ATF on this oracle here, searches yield results ;)

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=88665&highlight=Ancient+Feminine