Soul Cards...

knowledge seeker

hi everyone :)
I've been looking at the decks 'Soul Cards I' & 'Soul Cards II'. I'm interested in hearing the responses from those of you who have either read with, or had a reading with, these cards.
I like the idea that there is no key words, no 'likely' meaning behind each card, that you can easily let the information come without hindrance.
I have looked at them on the net, and found I could pick up of the cards there, so i'm keen to know more about them.
thanks
ks

thorhammer

I like the look of these, too . . . but doubt my ability to work with them. I am becoming less and less "intuitive", sadly.

I'll be interested to see responses - thanks for the thread.

\m/ Kat

Skydancer

I have these cards, but there are not for readings. They are for delving into - traveling to inner depths. For facilitating Inner Work. Relating to the card on an intuitive or psychological level. Not for lining up and reading for others as such. ~hth

*S*

firefrost

My thoughts on them are negative, I'm afraid.

I bought both decks, hoping to develope my intuitive side.

After a while they actually began to depress me and believe it or not, I just kept thinking of pain when I looked at them. I couldn't get past that.

I was glad when I managed to sell them on.

faunabay

I had them quite a few years ago. And I'm sad to say I had more of an experience like firefrost. :(

They began to depress me and kind of freak me out. Now that may have been because they were bringing up things I'd rather not focus on.....I really have no idea why. But I traded them away and haven't missed them a bit.

Thanks for posting firefrost, because I thought it was something with me that caused me to react that way to them. :*

firefrost

Strange huh, faunabay?

I could neither read or meditate or anything with them. The cards themselves were just like it hurt them to be with me.

I hope they're enjoying their new home more!

Logiatrix

Same as firefrost and faunabay...the Soul Cards are not for me. I did give them a serious try, though.*shrug*

I suspect that the art style of these decks is a very therapeutic practice, so perhaps it would be more helpful if I were to make my own set of cards with that technique. As it is, I didn't find someone else's "touch drawings" to be helpful to me. IMHO, it seems to contradict the concepts behind Touch Drawing as a healing application. That's just my take, though; I'm sure I'm missing the point of the cards somewhere.:neutral:

There is a book about the type of art developed by the creator of the decks (sold somewhere on that site link, above). I gifted the two decks to my mom, and then later found the book for her. My mom is an artist, so any unique way of making art is of interest to her. She has yet to try that drawing technique, but she does pull out one or both decks once in a while, and looks at the cards for artistic inspiration. See, there's one way the cards work!:D

JONIKA

thorhammer said:
I like the look of these, too . . . but doubt my ability to work with them. I am becoming less and less "intuitive", sadly.

I'll be interested to see responses - thanks for the thread.

\m/ Kat

Kat,
how is that possible? :( Maybe it's just how you perceive it, but the truth is that you are not losing any of your intuition...

Naneki

Hi,

I have both the Soul Card decks; and like the others have mentioned they are not easy cards to read or delve into you subconscious mind with! Some of the images can go from disturbing to frightening depending on what's going on in your situation. However, I think I appreciate them because they force me to face up to certain issues that I have a tendency to repress.

They are not easy, but I've found them valuable.

Cheers,

Naneki

thorhammer

JONIKA said:
Kat,
how is that possible? :( Maybe it's just how you perceive it, but the truth is that you are not losing any of your intuition...
Not losing IT, but losing contact with it. It's a time thing. I'm shallowing out. It happens to me from time to time. And I think it might be connected to Winter. Hopefully I'll come good when the weather warms up ;)

\m/ Kat