Some cards I created...

wavebreaker

After finishing my SACT card, I got some more ideas, so I created two more cards.

I have no intention whatsoever to create a deck, I'm just beginning to enjoy experimenting with photographs, either taking new photographs especially for a card or using photographs from my collection for a bit of cutting and pasting. So as you can see, there's no theme to this at all... ;)

Here's what I've created up until now... :|

violinlily

Very nice!! they were all very good, especially the Ace Of Wands!! Even though you do not plan to make a deck, could you make more? That is if time allows!

Major Tom

I like your cards. :) I especially like how you've used your underwater photography - sort of combining your passions. :D I can even see how they tie together - because you've made them!

You might find that creating tarot cards is addictive and could end up with a complete deck. })

Trogon

tarotlady! Wow... I love your cards! The Ace of Wands is an amazing picture... it just jumped off the screen at me. I really got the feeling of the energy that is depicted by this card.

The 5 of Cups is just beautiful. I love the way you have captured the meaning of the card in such a deceptively simple still-life. Very well done!

The 2 of Cups image, while it is a beautiful photo didn't grab me quite as much as the other two. I think that I was a little visually confused because at first glance I see 4 items which, at first, seemed to me to be cups (2 fish & 2 sponges). Though after a brief study... I was able to sort it out. It is a lovely image though.

Thank you so very much for sharing these with us.

Cerulean

There's so many different sea communities underwater...so you have great scope...a Monterey kelp forest...a Bermuda triangle...a Hawaiian paradise...have fun with our underwater friendlies. I really enjoy the different and beautiful sealife pictures.

Don't forget the underwater vampire squid/octopus (in that old thread)...I actually think that film segment was titled "vampire octopus from hell" when we saw it

Mari H.

wavebreaker

Mari_Hoshizaki said:
There's so many different sea communities underwater...so you have great scope...a Monterey kelp forest...a Bermuda triangle...a Hawaiian paradise...have fun with our underwater friendlies. I really enjoy the different and beautiful sealife pictures.
I'd love to photograph all that!
Anyone out there who wants to sponsor that project?? :D ;)

Pollux

Wee Brill!!!

Don't forget to put in sharks!

And add me in the Acknowledgements... :p *LOL*

The Ace of Wands is just so lovely! There's lots of fractal-like and modern decks around, maybe making one (I mean, it all, a complete deck) wouldn't be such a bad idea. Just a nice think done fan-wise, and you could also spread it around like on Orphalese... and Luck may strike... And $$$ *LOL*

Well, mh... Let us see more!!!

wavebreaker

Re: Wee Brill!!!

Originally posted by Pollux And add me in the Acknowledgements... :p *LOL*
:confused:

The Ace of Wands is just so lovely! There's lots of fractal-like and modern decks around, maybe making one (I mean, it all, a complete deck) wouldn't be such a bad idea.
I don't know, I think a whole deck of this would be pretty boring...
I guess that's the main reason why I wouldn't want to create a full deck: I get bored very easily and I prefer trying new things all the time, instead of using the same concept 78 times... ;)

Major Tom

Re: Re: Wee Brill!!!

tarotlady said:
I don't know, I think a whole deck of this would be pretty boring...
I guess that's the main reason why I wouldn't want to create a full deck: I get bored very easily and I prefer trying new things all the time, instead of using the same concept 78 times... ;)

You can create the same card as many times as you like. :)

To get a whole deck you only need to do each card once.

Unless, like me, you keep wanting to add things to existing cards. :laugh:

The only real rule to this game is that each card you make means something to you. })

rota

I especially liked the 5 of Cups image: the empty glasses against the empty background makes the most of the possibilities of photography. The same image wouldn't work very well as a graphic.

As for the possibility of the Underwater Tarot... I think you may be selling it short to imagine that there would be no interest. it's a great idea!