zolar's astrological tarot

celticnoodle

anyone have this deck?

what do you think of it?

I do not own it but have recently been looking at it and feel a tug towards buying it. Its not very expensive, and I was drawn to it since it uses the playing deck and also incorporates tarot into it.

I checked it out here on AT already in the decks section and it only gets one star.

this is what is said at the start of it-
The Zolar Astrological Tarot is a strange double-sided deck of 56 cards that touts itself as 'four decks in one'. The minor arcana (and regular playing card symbols) are on one side, the majors and astrological symbols on the other side.

now to me, the playing deck portion of this deck is interesting though, I think i'd prefer to have separate cards for the majors from tarot and also the astrological symbols. I don't necessarily like the idea of having one side as one deck and the other side of the same card depicting another card. how can you give a full reading with that? or do you just do either a major and astrological reading vs. a cartomancy reading.

anyway, i still feel a tug towards this deck and would love to hear from people who have it and use (d) it.

do you like it? if so why? if not why? does it give good, honest readings?

thnx in advance!

gregory

I have it and find it too busy to read with. YMMV.

celticnoodle

thank you for answering gregory. that sounds a bit like the Quest Tarot. I have it, have read with it and gotten some fantastic readings with it. but, it is also a very busy deck and just too much information on all the cards. hmmm...

anyone else have anything to say about zolar's astrological tarot?

Frank S

Just bought one from Amazon UK (£6.95) - not bad considering it's over £28 on eBay!!! One for the 'collection' I think... ;)

Frank.