Unveiling: "Sol Invictus" - The God Tarot

catlin

Helvetica said:
I have one question, after visiting the site again today. The Sun God, aka The Creative (Empress), is Lugh - described as Irish. I had always known Lug or Lugh as a Gaulish god, and he was very much worshipped here, in Helvetia as well. The city of Lyon - Lugdunum - was named after him, and Switzerland was founded in a grove on a lake island on Lughnasa, 1st August 1291. I am assuming it is the same god as the Irish Lugh? Lugh was considered the chief god of the Gauls (including the Helvetians) and many of his shrines became Christian chapels and churches around here. Modern Swiss Druids worship him.

Call him Celtic ;) . He was worshipped not only in Ireland but also in France. And Lughnasad was a celebration dedicated to him, so this matches the founding date of Switzerland.

Sophie

catlin said:
Call him Celtic ;) . He was worshipped not only in Ireland but also in France. And Lughnasad was a celebration dedicated to him, so this matches the founding date of Switzerland.
Yes - I think it's also known as Lammas. I have often wondered about the founding of Switzerland on Lughnasad, and in a grove too! It fits Kiama's Creative card very well :)

catlin

Helvetica said:
Yes - I think it's also known as Lammas. I have often wondered about the founding of Switzerland on Lughnasad, and in a grove too! It fits Kiama's Creative card very well :)

BTW most cities ending on -dun or - dum are indications of a former worshipping of Lugh but that is off topic.

I am looking forward to hearing more about the release of Sol Invictus.

Kiama

The Lugh Samildanach in III The Creative is the figure we meet in the Irish text The Second Battle of Maig Tuired (Cath Maige Tuired). I am personally unfamiliar with Gaulish practice/worship of him, so would welcome any recommendations of source texts so I can add to the writing on this card.

Blessings,

Kiama

inanna_tarot

*Jumps up and down and up and down, going squeeeeeeeee and being very girly and going OMG OMG OMG OMG.*

Now what could be the matter with Sezo today children? Maybe Kiama might know? lol

*BIG HUGS*

Sezo
x

Kiama

Sezo is jumping up and down and going OMG OMG OMG etc, because a couple of days ago, after a phone conference with the owner of Schiffer Books, Nic and I decided to sign the contract and go for it.

So, watch this space- in 18 months you could be seeing The God Tarot on bookshelves in shops near you!

In other news, Eros (Page/Awakening of Wands) is now complete, and the Knight/Quester of Wands (Anansi! YAY!) is well on his way.

Kiama

FantasyWorld

Hurray!!!!
Congrats!!!!
WooHoo!!!!
:party:

Kiama

Updates!!!

Hi folks,

Although it's been a while we finally have some updates to share with you.

This time round the God Tarot website has five new cards:

- Nurturer of Coins (Khem, Egyptian)
- Awakening (Page) of Wands (Eros, Greek)
- Quester (Knight) of Wands (Anansi, West African)
- Eight of Coins (Ganesh, Hindu)
- Seven of Cups (Soma, Hindu).

We have also created a mailing list for people to sign up to to receive emails when the site is updated, and to find out a bit more from myself and Nic regarding the God Tarot creation process. Because the deck will be published by Schiffer Books, the mailing list will also serve to let people know when it is due to be released, etc.

As always, if you have any comments/questions about the new cards please feel free to post here and ask away!

Blessings,

Kiama

goddesscarlie

Congrats on getting a publishing contract! That must be very exciting :)

Sophie

Great new cards, Kiama! I particularly like the Quester of Wands, Anansi. Very eloquent :laugh:

And well done for landing a publishing deal!