Collaborative Spread Creation #12 - Will/Probate

rwcarter

Hi Rodney

I have been trying to design a spread for will/probate. Lovely Hemera suggested I ask on this thread for help. I'd like to know if the will will be executed fairly in a good karma way but also legally fairly if you know what I mean?! My bro and I suspect that there may be something going on behind our backs. One of the beneficiaries wants to buy the house and we have been told the three valuations have come back and are much lower than anything Zoopla says - my brother suggesting nearly a third lower for the area (he knows the area) we have not been shown copies of the valuations.
I have requested a copy of the will -yet they have avoided sending it -just asking why I need it. Which, to me, is odd-if they were being transparent we would have been sent a copy each. The executor is lying about it as I know she has a copy of the will on her desk at home. It's all a bit untoward! I wondered if there is a way to wheedle out any wrongdoing in a Tarot spread.
I'll just throw out the major points I get from your post and we'll start from there:

• Will the will be executed fairly among the beneficiaries?
  • Is the executor in cahoots with one of the beneficiaries?
  • Does the executor have you and your brother's best interests at heart?
  • Why is the executor lying to you?
Those are mostly Yes/No questions, which I don't like including as spread positions. Let's try to flip those around then:

• What can you/your brother do to get the will executed fairly among the beneficiaries?
  • What can you/your brother do to confirm whether the executor is in cahoots with one of the beneficiaries?
  • What can you/your brother do to protect your interests?
  • Why is the executor lying to you?
As the first three points involve actions, either you should do the reading once from your perspective and once from your brother's perspective or there should be separate positions within the spread for what you can do and what your brother can do.

It's been a long day and I'm tired, so let's start there. Did I misunderstand any of your points? Are there are any additional points you'd like included or reworded?

Anyone who's reading this thread is welcome to chip in, throw out ideas, etc.

Rodney

Rachx

Thank you Rodney for putting this together, especially when you are tired - it's 6.30am here so Ive just woken. I will play with this by doing a couple of readings and will let you know how I get on xx

rwcarter

Oh, that's not the finished product just a place to begin discussion.

Rachx

Hi Rodney - I have played a little with this spread and found that it was helpful to get a read on the people first as it really was enlightening. I had done a situational spread ages ago - which clarified what each beneficiary brought to the table - so I used that as the basis to represent each person and the energy they would bring- in YR

I then moved into the spread itself and I have faffed with it but it's still not quite right. I'm drawing Majors so it's an issue but I'm not really getting to the bottom of it. Wondering if we need a "what" type question - what is at the root of the secrecy, why is executor reluctant to be transparent - etc - the positions are

1- how will it be executed if all things remain equal - ie in the current state of affairs if we did nothing

2- what is being hidden from me(my brother)

3- what can I do to expose any "unsavoury" actions (need a better adjective which is more to the point of what we need to know)

4 what can be done to make sure the will is executed fairly and for the benefit of all beneficiaries

4 - advice

rwcarter

1- how will it be executed if all things remain equal - ie in the current state of affairs if we did nothing
How will the will be executed if nothing changes? (or How will the will be executed if I do/my brother does nothing?)

2- what is being hidden from me(my brother)

3- what can I do to expose any "unsavoury" actions (need a better adjective which is more to the point of what we need to know)
Maybe "off the record dealings" or "behind the scenes actions" instead of "unsavory actions"?
4 what can be done to make sure the will is executed fairly and for the benefit of all beneficiaries
You should give some thought to fairness vs equalness. One person getting a larger share would be fair if they were the full-time caretaker of the deceased before they died. And it wouldn't be unheard of for one or more people to feel that them getting a larger share is only fair because blahblahblah. But splitting the estate equally wouldn't be good for example if one of the beneficiaries borrowed a lot of money that they never paid back before the relative passed away.

5 - advice
I'm generally not a fan of vaguely worded positions and advice is pretty vague. Advice on what to do? Advice on what not to do?

I agree that another position is needed (and maybe more), but it's time for me to get ready for bed. I doubt I'll have time to get to this tomorrow, so it'll be Saturday before I get another chance.

Again, others are welcome to chime in with their thoughts.

Rodney

rwcarter

Maybe position 5) Advice should be split into two positions:

5a) What should I do to protect my interests?
5b) What shouldn't I do to protect my interests?

Rodney