AQUARIAN TAROT...Borderless...Pocket...Tin

greatdane

Wouldn't it be lovely if we can just choose our deck backs!

Don't think will happen. Other than Seven Stars, and maybe some others who self publish, we get the back we get. As long as it's not really bad to me, I can handle it, but some backs just really are almost dealbreakers that make me want to close my eyes when shuffling.

FaintlyMacabre

No, I don't think it will be anything but the "fishy" blue one. Which is okay because I like it. The plain blue one shows edge wear.

Apparently there were several variations originally (didn't I take them out of the boxes and have to figure what went back into which). Now I don't know if my ouroboros one is red or orange but it has white snakes.

agviz

Wouldn't it be most likely that U.S. Games would work from the latest version with the blue pattern just to keep things simple? And probably keep the white borders, again just to keep production simple?

greatdane

I am SO hoping at least LESS border, Agviz

Not because the borders bother me, it's just only so much space and I NEED to SEE the images or the pocket doesn't help much. I read without glasses, but am very nearsighted so even a foot and a half to my reading table, well, it helps if the images stand out :).

I guess we shall see re the backs. The Morgan Greer and PCS Commemorative kept the backs, so you're probably right. Fine by me, as long as I can see the cards :). Oh and USG emd me and said it wasn't going to be just a matter of "shrinking" them, so I know they will work with the cards to, I'm sure, get the image as large as poss.

FaintlyMacabre

They have had the blue patterned backs for so long I imagine most people would expect them.

I liked the mini Connolly backs but not the rest of it and I don't suppose they go with the Aquarian. (The marbled back.)

G6

Vote for Borderless

Just received an older print of the Aquarian. I had thought to trim it, but I realized the image size of the majors is smaller than the minors, so if I were to trim it the cards would be two different sizes, which is more problematic than a white border.

With that said, it now bugs me that the majors and minors are different sizes.

In conclusion, if U.S. Games does a tin edition of the Aquarian, please eliminate this problem and make it a borderless print.

Thank you!!!

G6

Vote for New Card Backs

Yes, the Blue Backs are ugs and don't really go with or compliment the palette of the deck, so U.S. Games, please consider this and figure out something more attractive and complimentary if you do a tin edition.

Thank you!!!

FaintlyMacabre

Am I really the only one who likes the wavy blue back? No accounting for taste, I guess:bugeyed:

G6

Am I really the only one who likes the wavy blue back? No accounting for taste, I guess:bugeyed:

How about a compromise? The swirly design is tolerable if they just change the color to something within the palette of the deck instead of Royal Blue.

Like...

Taupe
Orange
Mauve
Gray

or Even

Pale Blue

Nina*

Nope. I love it! I do want it to be borderless though (the new backs are not).