Tarot at your Table deck and... dish wear

Annabelle

Ah yes, I saw this earlier today (linked on Facebook). I'm dithering at the moment; I kind of want to back it, but then again, it's a lot of money.

But wow, it would be great to have the full set of plates AND the deck that goes with it.

Aeric

Is...is the Moon a pizza?

...The Moon hits your eye like a big pizza pie....as a feral dog and a vicious wolf howl away at it....that's...amore?

Le Fanu

Do you think each card has been changed a little (i.e pizza, watering can, fishbone) to escape the wrath of U.S Games who OWN this deck and everything related to it? I suppose if they can change the backs and get away with it, these people can give the Fool an ice cream and copyright it and it's a different image.

I rather like it. I honestly think it would be slightly better if it were that distinct willow pattern blue rather than black. I think it would have more of a wow factor.

Fun idea...

starlightexp

I think they will be just fine

earthair

What is the Magician holding aloft? A dead mouse?! :D

Alta

I find the way they altered the cards toward the dining theme is well done and humorous. What holds me back is just not wanting yet another set of dishes (too many relatives having given me so many dishes that I don't know what to do with them all and can't have hurt feelings) nor wanting another Majors only deck. I have quite a few.

But I can see this, could be quite fun to own.

Philistine

Oh, my. As if restraining my deck purchases wasn't already a daily challenge, and now I see we are enabling table top splurges! I've been using a set of Spode blue-and-white china for tarot dinners, and this set is so uncanny for that!

If these were in blue instead of black, I'd be all over it. I might spring for the Fool serving platter. Not a fan of trumps-only nor round decks, but it is a very cohesive concept as it's done here.

Freddie

Visconti be a good choice for tableware, there you go Lo Scarabeo....

Freddie

TarotBeader

Tarot Table

This is such a wonderfully creative idea! I am totally on board to support this project. Made my way over to Kickstarter yesterday.