Tarot on Indiegogo - anyone else seen this?

reall

beautiful!^^ more then Thoth!XD ;)))))

desertrat

Going through some papers I found my funding confirmation email and see that the estimated shipping date for the deck was 9/15/14. Has anyone received their deck yet? I tried sending Colleen an email through indiegogo, but wasn't logged in so don't know if it went or not.

Rodney

I completely forgot about this deck. I think I supported it. I've received no deck or email from them so far.

rwcarter

Thanks drwitz! Please update us if you hear back from Colleen.

drwitz

Thanks drwitz! Please update us if you hear back from Colleen.

Here is her reply:

Written By Rabbits commented on your post.
Written By Rabbits wrote: "The deck design is coming along nicely, obviously printing is behind schedule but I am pleased with the way things are coming along and am confident the decks will be worth the wait. Thanks again for your contribution.

I'll upload some more images from the series later this week."

rwcarter

Thanks drwitz! Could you also suggest to her that she update the people who funded her deck through indiegogo? (I'm not on Facebook.) I've made the same request through Indiegogo.

rwcarter

I filed a complaint with Indiegogo about the lack of any update by the artist. Their reply was less than helpful besides giving me her direct email address. So it's highly unlikely that I'll be backing any other Indiegogo projects unless they're by known artists/authors.

I sent her an email right after Christmas and never got a response. Colleen is not building good will with the folks who gave her money by keeping them completely in the dark about the progress of this deck and when they can expect to receive what they have already paid for.

Rodney

gregory

This is the kind of reason I prefer Kickstarter... With indiegogo I tend to wait and buy at the full price afterwards (OK this one WAS fully funded, but indiegogo hand over the money as it comes in, with the risk that the project is started but not enough comes in, so it can never be finished.)

But Rodney (and others) - sadly - you did not "pay for a deck". You invest in a project - and MOSTLY you get it - but if you don't you do NOT get your money back. That's the deal.

rwcarter

But Rodney (and others) - sadly - you did not "pay for a deck". You invest in a project - and MOSTLY you get it - but if you don't you do NOT get your money back. That's the deal.
Fair enough. My investment in the project apparently will never see a return (or even an update). That just reinforces my current disdain for Indiegogo and therefore my reluctance to participate in any further Indiegogo campaigns. This was my first Indiegogo experience, and it will likely be my last.

Rodney

gregory

Fair enough. My investment in the project apparently will never see a return (or even an update). That just reinforces my current disdain for Indiegogo and therefore my reluctance to participate in any further Indiegogo campaigns. This was my first Indiegogo experience, and it will likely be my last.

Rodney
It's the same with Kickstarter - EXCEPT that at least they keep the money till you have what you said you needed for full funding. I don't back people with indiegogo; I do back KS campaigns. Rather a LOT of those... :|