Gendron Tarot - who's got it?

Tanga

I know it's not YOUR mantra. You just described it as a favorite. I like it.

And yes, each to their own. I take it, you know it's my opinion since it was me stating it. So yes, you're absolutely right, it's useless to ME.

It was all said tongue in cheek though. :rolleyes:

Gotcha! - with the tongue-in-cheek. Cheeky me. Lol.

earthair

I get this one out from time to time because the majors are all well thought out and the whole deck has a soft pink gentle vibe which suits certain questions. Yes some of the minors are a bit *ahem *offbeat, but sometimes that can trigger new connections. :livelong:

Ron521

While I don't actually "hate" the Gendron Tarot, I don't really connect with it either. I bought my copy from a local bookstore. Upon arriving home, I opened the package and looked at the card images one by one. When I realized that it didn't speak to me, I put them back in the box and haven't looked at them since. Some day I'll find a home for them.

FaintlyMacabre

I had it...

a long time ago. I don't really remember it except that it came and went very quickly because I couldn't read with it at all. I think I was very disappointed in that one. But who am I to talk who has obviously beat the heck out of the Londa box?

katey

I've never owned it, although when I first saw some of the majors I thought it was rather pretty... then I saw the minors! :bugeyed: I thought they were awful!

I love how we're all drawn to different decks and I'm glad you were able to find a second copy. :)

Cocobird55

The Gendron was one of the first decks that I got. I confess that I really liked it, probably because it had parrots. But reading with it just didn't work for me.

rylla

I've got the Gendron years ago, never used for reading as I did not like it from the beginning. It even bothered me that I have it and wanted to get rid of it. Than laziness played a factor and I still have it (I was sorry to just throw it out).

I looked thru it not long ago and my impression was different this time: oh, it isn't so bad as I thought! Reading this thread now I'm curious to do some reading with it and make my third (!) impression about the deck. I'll post it later.

Tanga

The Gendron was one of the first decks that I got. I confess that I really liked it, probably because it had parrots. But reading with it just didn't work for me.

YES - it has Kasuku's! (Parrots). :joke:

Re-reading earthair's comment about "*offbeat* minors" made me LOL.
Some of the minors in here are real favourites:

- 3 of Swords - a naked lady about to impale her hands on swords with the 3rd one above her head, that she's looking at... (perfect for the agony of head over heart. And for sorrow.)
- I love both the 6 and 7 of Swords, and the fact that to me, she got them the wrong way round. The image for 6 and 7 should be swapped. And - that's actually how I read them.
(the 6 has a lady with a flame torch in a forest, walking through swords. the 7 has a lady walking away from a ship on the sea, with some luggage).
- I adore the 4 of Pentacles. Reminds me of scenes in the movie "The Craft" - and the greed of the lead "bad" character there. Her greed for power.
- The 4 of Swords, a lady is apparently meandering the beach in a kimono patterned bath robe.
- And the 5 of Swords. A lady on a stairwell looking down, kind of disdainfully (mental battles indeed).

HUH - I REALLY like the Swords.

:)
I still :love: it.
I suspect - I always will.

Just been on a "Time to update my Tarot bags" trip and am waiting for a beautiful dragonfly patterned bag to arrive - a new home for my Gendron deck.

rylla

I gave this deck another try. Nice artwork (on most of the cards), still this deck doesn't work for me. I think because of the lack of unity of the deck (style of artwork doesn't seem uniform to me, some cards are nice some seem lame, etc). I wouldn't want to hurt the feelings of those who like this deck - others might not like the decks that I like (exp. the Illuminati) -just different decks work for different people - luckily we have lots and lots of decks to choose from, to everyone taste.