Tarot D (The Didactic Tarot)

agviz

That's a great review; it helped me gain more understanding about the deck. Thanks!

rylla

great review! up-to-the-point and informational bringing to light the most important features of this deck. thank you!

schizandra

I had seen pictures of Tarot D online and initially wasn't interested in it. But I came across it in a metaphysical store and was sold the moment I opened the box. The card quality is (as was mentioned) heavenly, and the art is such that can only be done justice in person, held in your hands. I love the artist's treatment of the sexes and the cosmic forces that interweave our existence. The book is also a great selling point, offering a new narrative and mythology through which to experience the Tarot. Color images of the cards don't hurt either. :)

I'm still working my way to a solid understanding of Tarot D but suffice to say I am SO glad I've added it to my collection!

EmpyreanKnight

I have only ever seen a few reviews (textual, pictorial, and video) of the Didactic Tarot, but even parsed through this possibly illusory shadow, I've already fallen hard for it. So positively laden with testosterone and so majestic in its sweep and scope it makes my sturdy little heart weep. It checks so many of my boxes it's crazy:

Sturdy, aesthetically pleasing box - CHECK
Meaty, beautifully designed tome with divinatory meanings and reversals - CHECK
Great concept and storyline - a huge CHECK
Large cards on good paperstock (the better to see the art with, my dear) - CHECK
Extra Cards - 28 extras, are you kidding me? A huge CHECK
Vetted by trusted reviewers - since this is very subjective, this is the least of my criteria. There are very few reviews online since the deck only got published a few months ago, but they are overwhelmingly positive so it's still a CHECK

And most importantly - Cards with amazing art that I fully resonate with - oh let it rain CHECKs on this one.

So does poor little me stand a chance? With my back against the wall, I had no choice but to order it. Will the actual product really be this glorious, leaving me dumbstruck and with my heart all aflutter, or will it be a huge pfffffftt. Let's see.

Really guys, what with all the praises I piled on this epic deck, I'm really excited for it. :)

EmpyreanKnight

The Didactic Tarot arrived, and it just blows evrything out of the water in every aspect. It has to actually be seen and held to be believed. Absolutely crisp, dazzlingly colored images that pop out. The fact that the border colors of the different suits combine to make up a rainbow is a rather deft touch. Laid out across a table, the cornucopia of richly detailed images and striking colors is really dazzling, a feast for sore eyes.

I just wonder why this deck has not received as much buzz as it rightfully should. I am not a fan of comic book art, I don't even watch superhero blockbusters unless somebody drags me to them. But the art in these cards really transcends most anything that comic books can offer (not to look down on that genre though). So if that is why people pass up on these, they might want to take another look.