Just got my Sakki Sakki

thatonegirl

I got my copy of the sakki sakki tarot for my birthday. I love it, its so pretty. I really like the finish on the cards, smooth and matte. I advise anyone who is wavering on if they should get it to buy it, you certainly wont regret it!

Deana

I ordered one last week and I'm still waiting for it. I'm happy to hear other people are enjoying theirs and can't wait to post when I get mine.

Tk2dsky

You are all making it hard for me to hold off for my birthday to get one....:) maybe I'll move it up to mother's day as an excuse.

thatonegirl

You should get it, its a wonderful deck. I just got it and im noticing all sorts of little things. Like how the hermit has awesome shoes and such. ENABLE...ENABLE...

Moonchild1721

Goos luck with your new deck! It is a nice one. It's on my wishlist of decks to get:)
Samantha

cynthia padley

Sakki Sakki

The Sakki Sakki was the second tarot card ordered, and didn't realize it came from Israel. After waiting about 9 days, I wrote to the Sakki Sakki site and they told me it came from Israel. I treasure these cards even more, since that is the first item that I had that came from Israel.

It is a beautiful deck-the lady loves shoes!

Chronata

One of my favorites.
:love:
Though the lack of heads in some cards turns off some folks I have read for...
I don't care...I love them, and they are great for readings for myself.(which many decks are not)
Especially when I have artists blocks.

It is also the single best cardstock/feel of any deck I own.

redflash

Ooooooooooooooooo what an unusual deck ! I have seen it mentioned on here but I hadn't looked at the images. The missing heads are a bit of a shock ! I too could imagine that some people would be put off by them. But wow that deck is good looking !

weaver

Chronata said:
One of my favorites.
:love:
Though the lack of heads in some cards turns off some folks I have read for...
I don't care...I love them, and they are great for readings for myself.(which many decks are not)
Especially when I have artists blocks.

It is also the single best cardstock/feel of any deck I own.
Oh, Chronata! I agree with all of the sentiments you have expressed here. In truth, I wasn't really certain if I would like this deck because of the deck's colors which, in the online scans, looked.. ummm... too "groovy" for my taste?!!!! :laugh:

But when the deck arrived, I was astonished. At the risk of sounding a bit crazy, there is something about make and quality the Sakki-Sakki deck that puts me in mind of my exquisite Soprafino deck by il Meneghello.

Now as to those headless bodies, I know they are irksome for some, but they don't draw my attention or distract me in any way. The deck's book is great, too. In all, I recommend the Sakki-Sakki set highly!

weaver

Wintergreen

I wanted to revive this thread as I got my Sakki-Sakki about a week ago, and I really love it. In fact, I'm beginning to think it could be “the one”. Does anyone else still read with this deck?

The more I look at it and read with it, the more I discover. The illustration style seems naive at first glance, but a closer examination reveals great subtlety and depth. The book is fantastic - the artist has not just provided definitions for the card meanings, but included some astrology, numerology and kabbalah associations in a way that encourages you get creative. She's also included personal journal entries for each of the majors: little stories and ideas that give insight into her mind. Some other extras, an interesting reading game, an interview about the artist's process and her explanations for some of the more personal symbology.

The readings I've done for myself so far have been inspiring, and cuttingly direct (the four of cups keeps popping up - get off your butt you lazy artist). I've been able to work past a bunch of pointless mental blocks that I've been stuck with for years!! Since I've had it, I've been inspired to finally get my blog up and running, and I've gotten my easel out again and worked on some sketches. The ideas are flowing easily for the first time in ages.

I'm looking forward to reading for some friends with it soon - can't wait to show it off.