Kinda pissed about not being a Mermaid Spread (6)

Hemera

I made this spread some years ago for the Undersea Tarot and now I found this spread again in my notebook. I thought I´d post this spread because I want to use it in the Large Spreads Group this month. (I think I´ll double or even triple each position to make this a large spread).
The name for this spread was given by a friend of mine.
---------------------------

Kinda pissed about not being a Mermaid

The layout is in the shape of a Starfish (or Pentagram)

----6----
2--1--5
--3--4--

1. Me as a Mermaid (or Merman):
The energy I need now to become stronger and more whole. The energy I need for swimming in the deep blue oceans. How can I become more who I really am deep within.

2. Sunken ships and skeletons:
Something to leave behind. This is not a such a productive area for you now so don´t stay there. Something to let go of.

3.Sharks and Stingrays:
Something potentially harmful. Avoid this and swim to the opposite direction.

4. Seaweed:
This is good and nourishing for you. You may or may not like this but it´s healthy and you need this energy now.

5. The Seahorse:
The energy at your disposal that will carry you forward. Something or someone that will help you.

6. The Lighthouse:
This is your goal or the direction where you should now go. Guidance, advice.

FLizarraga

I love this, Hemera! What a great spread! :D

Now, what deck to use with this? Hmm...

Kristyjnh

I love the name! It really hits home ;) I'll have to do this sometime this week.

FLizarraga

@FLizarraga: I made it for the Undersea Tarot and probably it works well with all Sea/Ocean themed decks.

Of which I have none... :(

So I'm figuring out which decks I do have with some kind of marine feel/motifs that I can use. (Well, of course it would work with ANY deck, but it's a matter of principle, ha ha.) So far I have Trevisan's Crystal and the Dreaming Way.

cjxtypes

I wouldnt think you would necessarily need a marine motif deck to put this spread to work. :) I think its a fabulous layout on its own with any kind of cards.

DesertDream

I'm super pissed about not being a mermaid!

Did this with soulcards it was super amazing! Told me to be inline with Holy Spirt .and that is my helper. Also to avoid people in mask and to not over do myself too much.

Enlightenment23

LOL! I love this title. And I absolutely lovethe concept. I can't wait to try this out. Might even post it in the Readings section. :thumbsup:

JylliM

Just tried this spread with my Steampunk tarot and loved it. Told me I need more masculine energy and planning in my life. Hmmm...I guess that COULD be true for a dithery Queen of Cups type! 😉