ORACLE decks you've gone BACK and FORTH on

MaeWasteland

Oh dear, this site is bad for my bank balance! So many intriguing decks to check out. FWIW if anyone's after the Psycards book, they seem to (currently?) have an option to buy the book plus a deck and a pouch for the deck for £17 which is only £3 more than the deck itself - good for anyone who's either not got the deck, or would like the spare copy to gift to a friend/as a backup etc? I'm kind of in two minds about that particular deck, it sounds like quite an interesting concept (although the site is kind of vague and I'm not entirely sure I've grokked the concept properly tbh) and some of the artwork seemed very interesting, whereas other cards I really really didn't like (the Father card, for instance - although who knows, maybe this is just because I have at best ambivalent feelings about fathers...)

As to the topic itself, well, I've sort of gone back and forth on oracles themselves, really - when I was a young 'un pouring over the metaphysical/MBS section of various London bookshops I was rather keen on the larger decks which I think would have been Oracles (though less so on the inevitable Doreen Virtue decks - I'm sure she's lovely really but I associate her with someone unpleasant). I was less keen on/a bit wary of Tarot decks - not out of superstition so much as 'wow, there's a lot to learn...' Since then I've been in and out of situations where I felt comfortable even admitting to myself that I had any interest in Such Things.

I bought my first tarot deck a year or so ago, disability stuff has meant I'm making very slow progress through the (actually pretty good) 'course' book that I bought. Saw some stuff about oracle decks and felt very scathing about them ('oh, they're probably just easy money, no real system...' type feelings) For some reason though I found myself looking at a couple of decks recently and really intrigued by them (possibly because of not feeling the need to understand an entire system? ;) ) I ended up ordering a copy of the Enchanted Map deck today, I'm not sure it's the Best Deck For Me, but if nothing else I really love what I saw of the artwork (several review videos, stills here and elsewhere etc) so I can just stick them to my wall if I end up not liking them as an oracle ;)

Syeraph

I'm always back and forth on my oracle decks.

I'm still undecided about the enchanted map oracle. Sometimes I really love wisdom of the hidden realms, sometimes I do not.

I tend to never read the reversals and instead just intuitively pull the meaning from the cards.

I really love my rumi oracle but I generally just use it for self reflection as I find the meanings are a bit too long and wordy to remember exactly and each offers a ritual or meditation for each card.

ana luisa

This deck:
Universal Wisdom
http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/universal-wisdom-oracle/
First here is another pump 'em out deck...he/she creates a lot of decks.
Second too much religious symbolism for my tastes.

I have no idea where this deck came from...I don't remember buying it.
I don't think it came in a trade...and when I was baby sitting, my granddaughter used to spread these cards all over the floor.
Consequently one is missing, I counted them the other day.
They don't even stay with my other cards...they live on a shelf in a toy cupboard, next to a squeaky turtle and a magic baby orange juice bottle.
I pay this deck no mind, I have no interest in it, I forget about it for months at a time.

BUT....every time I do pull it out and do a reading with it it gives the most direct, exact, accurate answers.
And this really frustrates me...
For 2 reasons...
I'd like to just get rid of it, but I can't because it is too spookily accurate.
And 2 then why don't I like it!!!!
I mean come on... there are some absolutely beautiful oracle decks in my collection why can't it be one of those that are so accurate????
Instead some of them read like the Japanese directions for you cell phone.

So I go back and forth and forth and back with it...

Same experience you have, lark but with the Oracle of Shadows and Light
http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/oracle-shadows-light/

I don't remember WHY I bought it... I am not into the art and not a fan of the illustrator BUT I remember seeing it in action on youtube and I thought I could give it a try. Every time I use it (which is not often), it is SUPER accurate. And I won't give it away because it cost me some hard-earned money and it has been quite precise in its predictions so, giving it the benefit of the doubt.
Now, stranger than that is my experience with the Wisdom of the Oracle cards. LOVE the art and "tried" it many times on the daily draw (site) with amazing revelations. Once I finally had the cards in my hands, it is slowly falling flat.... Wondering what happened :(

Citrin

Wisdom of the Oracle by Collette Baron-Reid! Seriously, I've been going back and forth for many months, and I usually don't wait so long before I decide to get it a deck or forget about it... It doesn't matter how many reviews I read or watch, I just cannot decide! So annoying!! :( It's really not pricey so I could get it on a whim, BUT... I don't really have too much space at home and don't want it taking up space if I'll never want to use it. Sigh!

JadePixie

I go back and forth on wanting Art though the Eyes of the Soul, the art calls be big time but eh I don't know, for some weird reason it goes on and off my want list.

laurenhuang

now the following has become my favorite decks

witchling decks - Paulina Cassidy
Earth Magic
Secret Language of Colors
Conscious Spirit

moongoddess07

I keep going back and fourth about the Brian Froud decks The Faerie's Oracle and the heart of the faerie. I even bought the Faerie's Oracle then returned it and I am still back and fourth about it lol.

Michellehihi

I think the Ocean Oracle is one that I have a love/hate relationship with. I bought this kit quite a few years ago now and as soon as I received it I knew I was in over my head. This deck has 200 different cards, a sheet to use and a system to learn. Not quite what I was looking for in an uncomplicated, simple to use Oracle deck. But I also love the cards - each has a different shell and it beautiful.

Also in its favour, the creater of the oracle has a lovely website where you can learn to use the oracle and learn a lot more about seashells. :)

The ocean oracle is OOP....so sad...

EmpyreanKnight

I am so going back and forth on The Tao Oracle.

On one hand, the art is just so sumptuous. I fully adore my Osho Zen Tarot, and I may have to say this is one of the most beautiful oracles with a new-age spiritual aesthetic I have ever seen. The bold, striking colors form a distinct but harmonious contrast to the luminous serenity that flows from the images. It's like you are holding a piece of something wise and timeless. The cards are big (as I prefer them), the book is very informative, containing a wealth of knowledge I cannot wait to dive in, and the production value is a cut above most oracles.

However, I already have the I Ching Holitzka, which I also care for very much. I also have books on the I Ching I can simply turn to when the time is ripe to turn my focus on them, and I even have two sets of three gold plated Chinese coins that I may use should I decide to actually practice the I Ching. Money is not even an issue. Like many people, I am a connoiseur of beautiful things, and even if my time for leisure is not that expansive, at least I can buy these things so I can enjoy them later. However, the fullest enjoyment of oracles can only be achieved when they are not just being gazed at and admired - it is when they are fully utilized and understood. I already have other I Ching instruments at hand. I feel that it would be a sad thing if I possess something so gorgeous without showering it with the time and attention it deserves.

PathWalker

I think the Ocean Oracle is one that I have a love/hate relationship with. I bought this kit quite a few years ago now and as soon as I received it I knew I was in over my head. This deck has 200 different cards, a sheet to use and a system to learn. Not quite what I was looking for in an uncomplicated, simple to use Oracle deck. But I also love the cards - each has a different shell and it beautiful.

Also in its favour, the creater of the oracle has a lovely website where you can learn to use the oracle and learn a lot more about seashells. :)

I'm the same - I had this one and really wanted to be able to use it. But mostly I didn't get anything from the cards, and the same sand pattern background for everyone was also unpleasant to my eye.
I sold it on in the end, it's was just beautiful photographs for me :( Maybe I'd have done better with actual shells - which if I remember was how the creator first used the oracle, she had a huge and amazing shell collection.