RWS Tarot 101 Three of Wands

PAMUYA

When I look into the Three of Wands, I see YELLOW and lots of it. There is a lot of intellect in this card. Even the water is yellow: this speaks to me of the subconscious and emotions are being greatly influenced by intellect and contentment.

Post on yellow water: http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=79116
http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=34766

He is holding the high ground; his new actions will lead to success. He has his back to us, facing the sun directly; he is full of confidence and holds a position of strength. One hand holding a Wand, I see a singleness of purpose; he has the foresight and will to put his plans into action. The ships for me in this picture represent the best course for action, how to best navigate through the waters of your creativity. The colors of his clothing plays with me. Green against red, red implies passion and action, green is growth and adventure. Wow, what a combo! It’s time to act. The number 3 plays perfectly into this: advancement, creativity, time to act.

Direct: Good time for new beginnings in business, putting plans into action, possible partnership, help from a successful person, others will respond to you positively, travel.

Reversed: Lack of foresight, distrust, setback, investments don’t pay off, timing is wrong, rethink partnership, reexamine ideas, overwhelmed. .

The Three of Wands drew me right in, except I don’t see where partnership is represented in this card. I was taught that meaning.

What does it say to you, and what meanings do you hold for this card?

Reversed meanings, anyone dabble in them?

Post on twos vs. threes http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=34844

Cardinal

is there a connection to this card and the previous card - the man holding the world in his hand and this man surveying his world from above - it is about power - overseeing. i get a sense of standing back and taking it all in - facing things head on - reveling in the moment - enjoying the spoils of war or conquest

The crowned one

Three's are are about ends and beginnings, completion of one cycle and the start of the other.

Three of wands is about moving onto new possibilities, starting to see the rewards of what ever you have effected. Patience and focus for the long haul of this newly stated cycle, that is related to the previous cycle.

Etteilla 's definition seems to be the one all cartomancers derive their meanings from including Waite. Enterprise and boldness. All seem to be in agreement that this is a positive card, even the sky is gold like the sun (its Decan)

From "THE PICTORIAL KEY TO THE TAROT" A calm, stately personage, with his back turned, looking from a cliff's edge at ships passing over the sea. Three staves are planted in the ground, and he leans slightly on one of them. Divinatory Meanings: He symbolizes established strength, enterprise, effort, trade, commerce, discovery; those are his ships, bearing his merchandise, which are sailing over the sea. The card also signifies able co-operation in business, as if the successful merchant prince were looking from his side towards yours with a view to help you. Reversed: The end of troubles, suspension or cessation of adversity, toil and disappointment.

PAMUYA

the ships

The ships are pulling me in: holding the spoils of war or conquest (I love it, could also be a business victory. a take over), or holding his merchandise from trade or commerce...completeing of one cycle and beginning of another, this falls perfectly into the next card. I am seeing so much more..thanks!!

peacestartswithme

3 of wands

I havent looked at the reverse yet...

I feel drawn to the similarities of this card to the previous. I feel they are in many ways connected to the same story. In the 2 of wands he went out into the world to venture, to seek new life, and experiences.. and this card he has acheived his experiences and is reflecting on them. I feel the same sense of need for support in this card

PAMUYA

two and three

Yes, I feel the same about these cards..in two I feel more of a choice needs to be made and in three I am feeling a need for action...I can't yet explain why, but when it comes to me ;)

The crowned one

Sassyjackal said:
Yes, I feel the same about these cards..in two I feel more of a choice needs to be made and in three I am feeling a need for action...I can't yet explain why, but when it comes to me ;)

Looking at it from this ONE aspect only The question of what path to take was asked in two, the decision of what path to take was made in three and the foundation laid for that decided path was done in four.

PAMUYA

meanings so close

The meanings are so close, I am having a hard time trying to separtate them, is there something in the picture in the cards themselves...

in two I see him with the will and power of choice, in three I see his ships have come in, time to make the decisions for future..okay..your seed has planted I can feel it taking root...Thank you Crowned one..

rcb30872

Yes, to me Three of Wands is about waiting for your ships to come in, to a certain degree. I don't see this as much of an action card, more along the lines of waiting and seeing the outcome of what has been acted on, what has been started.

As for the business partner, to me, again, quite obvious. He is standing on the land/shore, and the ships would probably be carrying his cargo, his wares, so to speak, hence he would need someone to do that, since he is standing on the shore/land. How can one person be in two places at once? Right?

HoneyBea

Sassyjackal said:
Reversed meanings, anyone dabble in them?
[/url]

How about 3 Wands Rx:
feeling a little overwhelmed by the whole thing. .... take one step at a time.... keep a realistic outlook.