Artists Trading Cards

rebecca-smiles

Forgive me if this topic has already been addressed, I'm pretty new here. Has anyone heard of ATC's? They are very small works of art, about 3 by 2.5 inches in size and are a huge internet and international craze in an underground sort of way. (more popular in the US than UK). I was just wondering if any of youbrilliant artists had considering getting your work/tarot seen this way. My mum does it and she has taken part in several 'swaps' that involve creating colloborative tarot decks, as well as one-off trades with other artists.

floracove

I've never heard of it, and I haven't made any tarot cards, but this sounds awesome!

Adam McLean

On Ebay you can find many example of this. On Ebay
they use the term

ACEO 'Art Cards, Editions and Originals'

Check auction 190038603711 for an example.

Just search Ebay for 'ACEO tarot' and you should find
50 or so examples.

chrisam-crystals

yes, i am an ATC'er! :D

here is an album with some of my stuff in it.....

http://s5.photobucket.com/albums/y174/rainbow_moonstone/ATC/

they are pieces of card - i sometimes use playing cards as the base - and then you just stick on things that look nice! lol

i first started off with card making and then got onto ATC's, and i have been toying with the idea of making some tarot or oracle cards.

i used to work in dawn bibby's shop - she is a card making queen in the craft world - but then her lovely sister decided to fire me whilst i was on holiday and refused to give me a reason.....and yes, i was absolutely devastated. :(

jue xx

HudsonGray

Yep, I'm part of a paper doll group on yahoo that trades mini-paper doll ATC cards each month. It's a lot of fun. I've heard of sewer groups that trade 'sewn' cards in fabric too.

So........didja want to start up one of these things here? (Hint hint)

DraagonStorm

What ever we want to start up.... I'm all for it!

BB
DraagonStorm

rebecca-smiles

Hell Why not!

For those of you new to the art, here is how it works.

A list is formed showing all the cards in the deck, each person puts their name beside the card they will make (you can do more than one but it makes for a much more interesting deck if you wait a while till you have 78 people. the decks this diversity produces is lovely!).

When all the cards are assigned, a date is agreed to make them by. You can use any medium, but for a deck (unlike other types of ACT/ACEO) they MUST be flat,and fit the right proportions (2.5x3.5 ins).

Each person makes 78 (yes that's 78!) cards. this is where it is a good idea to make digital art/scan one image in and make copies of the same piece. The reason it is done this way is that cards are traded,not sold; a piece for a piece.you want a 78 card deck? go make 78 cards.

Your lot is sent to the co-ordinator, who then puts each deck together. The assembled decks are sent to all the contributors. Presents all round!

However, if you would rather do several peices per person, say three each, you have less diversity, but also only have to make a third of the copies.

Ready to go?

blackroseivy

OH KEWL-O!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

I even sold at least 1 of my ACEO's, I have loads of ideas, I'm ready to make whatever!!!!!!!!!! :D

chrisam-crystals

oh i am SOOOOOOOOOOO in this one!

only problem is that i don't have a printer, so i will have to blag someone to print them off for me....and i want to make loads of cards, not just one design! lol

so who is gonna be the co-ordinator then?

jue xx

DraagonStorm

I did a couple of cards for the AT deck this year, and I would have to say that doing a full 78 card deck might be a bit much for our first go on this.

How about starting with a majors only on this round? Then if all goes well we could then try for more.

BB
DraagonStorm