New Edition of the Tarot of Marseilles Robledo

Patrick Booker

My decks appear to have arrived at an airport in Chile yesterday. Within the next week, maybe?

Looking at the images posted here, the colours seem muted compared with those of an earlier edition I have seen. It certainly looks a high quality product.

Patrick

agviz

My decks appear to have arrived at an airport in Chile yesterday. Within the next week, maybe?

Looking at the images posted here, the colours seem muted compared with those of an earlier edition I have seen. It certainly looks a high quality product.

Patrick

I have the two previous printings and they seem pretty close to this in terms of color. (If I have my numbers right, that would be the third and fourth?) Assuming so, this new version is slightly closer to the third. The fourth was a tad darker. The backs of the new printing seem to more closely match the fourth. All rather subtle differences though.

Patrick Booker

I have the two previous printings and they seem pretty close to this in terms of color. (If I have my numbers right, that would be the third and fourth?) Assuming so, this new version is slightly closer to the third. The fourth was a tad darker. The backs of the new printing seem to more closely match the fourth. All rather subtle differences though.

These are the images I was thinking of:

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=168526

But perhaps they are more similar than I first thought.

Patrick

agviz

These are the images I was thinking of:

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=168526

But perhaps they are more similar than I first thought.

Patrick

Well, sometimes different cameras and scanners produce different results. I can tell you that the photos posted in this thread aren't the best in the world and don't represent the deck in the best light. The link you posted looks closer to how the deck looks.

agviz

Here's a scan comparison of version III and the new printing.

Attachments

• Version comparison.jpg
    Version comparison.jpg
    140.2 KB · Views: 377

Patrick Booker

Thanks, agviz, that is very helpful. To me, the one on the left (version III) looks very slightly brighter.

Patrick

Barleywine

To my eyes, the Version III colors in the scan look slightly deeper or more saturated. But as was noted, scans can be unreliable.

agviz

To my eyes, the Version III colors in the scan look slightly deeper or more saturated. But as was noted, scans can be unreliable.

A comparison within the same scan might be telling because they're both being digitized under the exact same conditions. I do see that difference you're talking about, but I'd also say that in reality these differences are slight and, speaking for myself, it will hardly matter once I'm working with the deck.

eltarot78

Yes, due to the readability of the artwork. And the quality of the card stock should make it a very reliable tool. It would seem you did your research to find a good printer. A happy thing, because we've all seen beautiful decks we can't use because the card stock is too frail. This is a deck I'm not afraid to shuffle.

Cesar, the editor, before contact whit me, he made a very extensive study on the cards, tarot cards, playing cards and especially in tarot playing cards , which are cards that suffer most intense use and these people they are more who watched that the cards are made with unsuitable roles for playing cards really durable and support the use.

The differences in the various editions I have done , not only color differences, although the colors have changed , the main differences are found in the graphs. You can see that each edition , is a very similar deck, but it is a different and independent deck.

If you look at the two cards that shares agvis , you will notice that the hand with the wand , are different

http://www.tarotforum.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=82697&d=1465723210

Patrick Booker

I have just picked up my decks from my local Royal Mail sorting office (the postman had apparently tried to deliver them yesterday, but I never heard him at the door - he can't have knocked very loud). Anyway, I have them now and am well pleased. I like the feel of the cards and the size - probably the smallest Marseille I have (apart from mini decks). Easier for me to shuffle. I have not really looked at them closely yet - it will be fun to compare the images with other decks. The various extra eyes and faces on the Devil struck me - I don't think I have seen a version quite like that before.

Patrick