Are people scared of Playing card readings ?

Sharla

I find PC's to be a really truly accurate form of divination, which is why i've studied and practised them as intensely as i have over 3 years nearly, as now they give me really clear and accurate answers (hence a bit of give and take as im still learning). But i suppose this is maybe also to do with the connection i have with my cards, that gives me such a good accuracy.

I've found that people (especially on here) are quite suspicious and doubtful about getting readings from these cards, even though the majority of the Q's asked on this site being future predictions, these cards answer beautifully.

Im not concerned about getting minimal Q's for my PC thread....ive learnt alot from my thread/s already, but still have it open regardless.....so its nothing to do with that.

The reason of this post, is im interested to know why people much more prefer tarot 75% and lenormand 10% and oracles 10 % for your (future prediction) answers......Playing cards (in my books) gets 5%.

Is it because you don't understand PC's and can't verify the meanings yourself after getting a reading ?

Is it because they are just "playing cards" with no visual pictures ?

Is it because its me ...lol ?

Is it because you prefer a more spiritual deeper answer ?

Id like some feedback please peeps, on whats putting you off PC's :D and infact not even just getting readings, but also doing readings yourself too or even learning them ?

celticnoodle

I started out reading playing cards, but moved away from them to tarot and oracles with pictures on them because customers seemed to prefer them to just playing cards. However, that said, the reader I go to uses only playing cards and I love her readings as I find them incredibly accurate and often will find playing cards are more accurate.

Its been so long since I have read w/playing cards, that I'm not as good with them (IMO) as I am with tarot/oracle. When I first began to read the tarot cards, I had a really hard time with them because I felt like I didn't know the meanings well enough and I couldn't help but to use the playing card meaning with the tarot card. That was when someone told me to just read the pictures and viola! I got it. At least when I did this for my customers, they were pleased. And, for awhile, I did offer a choice of playing cards or tarot cards or oracle cards that had pictures in them. Rarely did anyone choose the playing cards, so I stopped even offering them. I only carried my tarot and oracle cards.

So, I don't think it is really being afraid of playing cards. I think people prefer tarot or oracle cards w/images because they are different. More mysterious then the playing cards and this is the attraction to customers. IMO anyway.

GotH

I've noticed that many people here on this site feel the same way about other divination practices as well. My guess is that it's because people can't verify the meanings for themselves so they stick to what they understand best, tarot. And of course, everyone speaks tarot here to some degree.

This is a good question and I'm curious to see how others will answer...

AnemoneRosie

I read playing cards.
I prefer them when I read for myself. I find playing cards to be quite chatty in a way that Tarot doesn't tend to be unless I use particular decks.

MadeiraDarling

I like looking at pretty pictures (thus tarot and oracle), but I think playing card divination is neat and a lot of fun, cards that have actually been played with read better than those that haven't IMO

Starri Knytes

I have a regular deck for timing.
I'm not afraid of playing card readings at all. They just don't speak to me the way tarot does.

DDwarks

I dont read playing cards and have never tried either (yet!).

For me personally it would be the fact that I don't understand the system so I'd be getting a reading but wouldn't actually learn anything from it.

Dont get me wrong though. Ive nothing against people practicing whatever method they wish but I like to get an insight into how a reader reads their cards and I can't do that with playing cards.

I have an issue with *just getting a reading* on AT.

I wouldn't have any issues with paying for a professional playing card reading since it would be about the reading and nothing else.

Sharla

I started out reading playing cards, but moved away from them to tarot and oracles with pictures on them because customers seemed to prefer them to just playing cards. However, that said, the reader I go to uses only playing cards and I love her readings as I find them incredibly accurate and often will find playing cards are more accurate.
This is what i think it is people prefer cards with pictures on, which yes i can totally understand as so do i, and have many beautiful decks that i've chosen for the pictures.
Infact i'm just thinking now, i wonder if different energy's are attracted to different sets of cards, as me and oracles just do not get on at all...and ive always said that with my Angel romance oracle cards, when i used to try and use them its like a naughty child energy was there trying to play with my head, id get all sorts of nonsense.

So the energy that's attracted to PC's is a no messing around, i'll tell you how it is, whether you like it or not. Very to the point and very accurate like you say.

So maybe going on how your own personality is, you attract that certain energy with the cards. So as im a no nonsense ill tell you how it is whether you like it or not, type of person in real life, then maybe that's why i've done better connecting with the PC's more than oracles.
Its been so long since I have read w/playing cards, that I'm not as good with them (IMO) as I am with tarot/oracle. When I first began to read the tarot cards, I had a really hard time with them because I felt like I didn't know the meanings well enough and I couldn't help but to use the playing card meaning with the tarot card. That was when someone told me to just read the pictures and viola! I got it. At least when I did this for my customers, they were pleased. And, for awhile, I did offer a choice of playing cards or tarot cards or oracle cards that had pictures in them. Rarely did anyone choose the playing cards, so I stopped even offering them. I only carried my tarot and oracle cards.
I do love Tarot too...how can anyone not. The decks i have so far i love for the imagery.
Yes PC's are a little <blah> but they do have some nice ones now with images added....but i can't read them with images on, they need to be just plain and traditional.
So, I don't think it is really being afraid of playing cards. I think people prefer tarot or oracle cards w/images because they are different. More mysterious then the playing cards and this is the attraction to customers. IMO anyway.
Yes i'm thinking this now too :)

Sharla

I've noticed that many people here on this site feel the same way about other divination practices as well. My guess is that it's because people can't verify the meanings for themselves so they stick to what they understand best, tarot. And of course, everyone speaks tarot here to some degree.

This is a good question and I'm curious to see how others will answer...

Yes i was originally thinking this too, that people can't very the meaning themselves after...especially if they don't agree/like what they've been told in the reading.

But i'm sure PC's came before Tarot didn't they back in history ?

Bonny

Hi Sharla,

Yes it's this, that I don't understand any of the PC process of divination so I'm not learning and feel like indulging just in extricating without hope of helping the Reader grow better, if I sit.
Just purchased a new Lenormand deck that has PC numbers etc on them so hoping to learn a bit more and surpass my reticence with it.
I think subliminally there's that trace of 'special' with the tarot and oracle cards. I use playing cards (standard) with my friends and family who don't go into divination and want to keep that reserve so my brain is not ticking 'queen if hearts' means [insert esoteric meaning] just when I'm playing a game of snap for instance...

B:)