2003 Eclipses

Ophiel

Are there any full eclipses for this year? Has anybody in the group worked with eclipses and how they affect the natal chart? I recall some years ago reading that eclipses tend to forshadow changes in a chart, based on which two opposing houses they fall in.

Perhaps Michaelson did some work in this area? Maybe even old time astrologer Ivy Goldstein Jacobson?

Minderwiz

There's a total lunar eclipse in May (16th May 3:41 GMT) when the Moon will be in Scorpio, an Appulse solar eclipse in May (31 May 4:09 GMT) when the Moon is in Gemini.

The best month is November when there is a total lunar eclipse on 9th in Taurus (1:20 GMT) and a total solar eclipse in Sagittarius on 23rd (22:50 GMT)

Now whether you will see them depends on where you are in the World and what the weather's like. The Annular eclipse in May is visible from Greenland, Iceland, the Faeroes and NW Scotland. The November total eclipse is mainly Antartica but a partial eclipse will be seen in Australia and NZ.

In terms of interpretation, Bernadette Brady's Predictive Astrology: The Eagle and the Lark (which I have not yet read) is regarded as the modern classic.

New Moons (especially at solar eclipses) are seen as good times to start new venture or mark the start of new phases in our lives. Full Moons (especially Lunar eclipses) mark the culmination of events. They are good times to plan for conclusions of projects begun at the time of a New Moon.

Ophiel

Thanks, Minderwiz. I will see if I can nab a copy of the book you recommended, "Predictive Astrology: The Eagle and the Lark"
by Bernadette Brady, [Paperback: 384 pages; Publisher: Red Wheel/Weiser; ; (January 1999)
ISBN: 1578631122.]

It does look interesting and as a Weiser book, should be easy to get. I noticed that one of the eclipses is right in an 'active' area of my chart, so I have plenty of time to read up on this!

Ophiel

Brady & Fixed Stars

Minderwiz...

How is the Brady book on Fixed Stars? I mean, besides very expensive...

Minderwiz

It's about the only modern work of significance on this area and its a recognised classic.

However, I tend not to use the fixed stars - I have enough to cope with without them LOL. They are also more relevant if you want to do a lto of Horary or Medical work and not so useful if you are mainly doing natal work.

I will get this book (and Brady's Eagle and the Lark) at some time in the future as I gradually expand my system but I wouldn't really recommend it as a useful book for the intermediate student, unless they have a thing about horary/decumbiture charts.