Madame Endora's (Secret Circle) Study Group: EARTH

September Pixie

EARTH : Utilize Logic, Reason And Common Sense

See the attachment to view the card.

From The Book:
Earth is the element of logic and reason, and represents the passive forces of nature. The influences of Earth may be found in those who are grounded, dependable and organized. The signs of the Zodiac that are governed by Earth are Capricorn, Taurus and Virgo. Be praticle and use common sense.

Open for discussion. :)

Attachments

• earth.jpg
    earth.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 201

September Pixie

As a Virgo, I can say that I am OBSESSIVE about order.. I am never satisfied unless there are logical plans and things are in their proper place.. infact I WILL NOT make a move until I am absolutely certian of the outcome (which not only drives my SO crazy but sometimes myself as well!) which has its advatanges but also its disadvatages.. I find myself seeking flaws in things (sometimes people included) with a determination that I can "fix" the problem.. something I have a hard time accepting is that often you cannot..

To me this card says that there is a need for order (or re-order) and planning..

Any thoughts from fellow Capricorns or Taurus'?

WolfyJames

September Pixie said:
Any thoughts from fellow Capricorns or Taurus'?

I'm not Capricorns or Taurus but Aquarius. Still, my ascendant is Virgo, and I know how it feels to be anal, incapable of doing the simpliest things without organizing them first, or needing to know everything about them first before doing anything. As for the "perfection" thing, I won't even talk about it.

When I see this card, other words come to my mind, like stability, groundedness, concrete results, lasting results, home ("home sweet home"), mother.

Alissa

This card has come up for me twice while pulling daily cards for myself this week.

To me, it tells me to stay grounded, focused on the task at hand. Good organiztion skills can lead to better timing to enact projects smoothly.

Here, the downward facing triangle reminds of the Empress' ability to make mainfest that which was only conceptual before. Drawing down from above to bring to fruition below.

We're redoing our kitchen this week, and organization and good planning is creating a new "world" for me to inhabit as I pull this for my daily card. I can definitely see how the card relates to me, right now.

Chronata

Although I am not one of the Earth signs...I do have Virgo rising, so I understand the need to be organized...(or in my case...completely dis-organized!)

When I first saw the Earth card in the deck...I was reminded of all those old talismans that were created to make one rich..or to find hidden treasures.
I like to think of the Earth card as the "Hidden Treasure" card...one that brings to mind secret sources of financial gain, hidden and unrealized potential, and surprising revelations.

And...I don't know if this is related to the subject or not, but my deamon posessed computer is randomly and ( completely unbidden )throwing up files that feature pictures of daisies on my desktop while I write this.

Alissa

Chronata said:
And...I don't know if this is related to the subject or not, but my deamon posessed computer is randomly and ( completely unbidden )throwing up files that feature pictures of daisies on my desktop while I write this.
:D Does this mean your computer is pushing up daisies?? :D

Fertile indeed!

I love the hidden treasure idea as well.... (And I'm not an Earth sign either, I'm Air).

September Pixie

ROFL! I am sorry about your comp Chronata :)

Deidrui

Earth

I think this card is so awsome. Sometimes we must be reminded to use logic, reason and common sense. Often times we use feeling and emotions which are not quite condusive when getting your point across.

This is a great grounding card. Letting you or your client know that you need to stay grounded and focused.

Reversed:
Tells me that you are ungrounded and you lack focuse which means logic and common sense are escaping you for some reason.

Chronata

Grounding! Yes! That has been it's main meaning lately, as I use these cards for public readings...you can always just tell when someone needs grounding, can't you?

And the cards are always right to point it out!