Non Traditional Oracle Intuition Study - Day 2 - Wednesday

September Pixie

You use any oralce of your choosing.. doesn't matter what kind, how big, or how many cards.. any of them.. the only thing this requires is a little time and something to write with..

We will do this 3 days this week.. Monday, Wednesday, & Friday.

Here is how you begin..

You take your oracle and shuffle 9 times.. remove the top card but keep it face down (DO NOT LOOK AT IT!!) and hold your hand above it and intuitively write down what you feel, see, sense, smell, etc..

after 9 hours you can turn the card over.. does what you felt remind you of the card? of your day? if so, how and why.. if not.. is it an opposite? explain.. record your thoughts.. How does this card apply to you and how does it apply to you today? Any connection with this card? The colors? etc..

**Please forgive the late posting, I am getting married on 9/2 and my seamstress nearly ruined my wedding dress so I spent all of today trying to get it fixed!!**

September Pixie

I am using "Dream Inspiration Cards'.. Lo Scarabeo's new cards.. same ones I used for the first round.

Intuitive Impressions From Card:
painful joints, finger pain, yellow, sickness, carnival, swirling, mixtures, music, laughter, insanity, blue, purple, calmness, discord, not connecting..

I must say.. I had a really hard time connecting with this card.. I am not sure why! Looking forward to seeing what it is though!

FantasyWorld

Last night I picked my card from the Attuned deck again:

Intuitive Impressions From Card:
Journey,some pulsing,swirls...I couldn't pick up on much, it was just blank, maybe I was too tired.

Oh well,it's been 9 hours,let's see what it was:

Star:interesting...picked this one Tuesday night too and didn't get a whole lot from it.
It's a mermaid emerging with a pearl.
Book description:
The mermaid emerges from the depths,bringing light out of the darkness. The pearl is the wisdom she has found through her journey into the shadowy part of her soul. Her strength comes from the awareness that it is the pain of friction that makes the pearl. Look:there are stars on the walls of your cave.

Well, I did write the word JOURNEY...with all that's going on w/me this is telling me to journey within my caves and emerge with that pearl that wisdom. I thought it was odd I couldn't pick up on any colors last night. Ooh, I just noticed there are swirls too,hehe,hadn't noticed that before. This is a great deck the more I work with it!
Oh well running late, gotta get ready for work,grrrr! Sleepy!
Have a blessed day
Alanna

Ooh, September Pixie,congrats on getting married,hope your dress turns out lovely:) Have a great honeymoon and joyful life together!

bleuivy

First time doing this excercise. I used the Dreaming in Color Luman Deck, which is my oracle of choice at the moment. I didn't get much out of the card, really. I can't wait to see what it will be!

Intuitive Impressions From Card
A dark, crowded forest, the sun, water (cool and clear, but dark), green, yellow, fear. Also, heat, in that my hands actually felt hot as I held them over the card. This has never happened before ever.

I thought I would have more actual images. Animals, or flowers, or something, but instead it was just quick flashes. Fear at the end surprised me.

Looking forward to turning the card over, which I can do at 8.40 PM GMT. Can't wait! :D

September Pixie

45 - Nighttime (Dream Inspirational Cards)

Card Pulled: 45 - Nighttime
Book Definitions: Inner clarity. Important decisions. Hopes. Reversed: Lust for power. Unsolved problems. Mistakes.

Intuitive Impressions Without Seeing The Card:
painful joints, finger pain, yellow, sickness, carnival, swirling, mixtures, music, laughter, insanity, blue, purple, calmness, discord, not connecting..

Intuitive Impressions Now Seeing The Card:
How strange I pulled this card on a day that seems just to have combined the reversed meaning! The card is made up of 3 angles and an angel dog floating above the sky.. There is a bit of yellow in the card indicating movement.. clairity could come from all of the eyes placed among the angels bodies.. However, I didn't pick up clairity more a sence of calmness.. This card is a bit deeper than I thought! I feel the dream like state of this card indicating energy much like you have at a carnival.. its strange, its lucid, and its always changing.. the card has a lot of blue in it indicating deep emotion..

Final Thoughts:
Yesterday was an awful day for me.. my seamstress nearly ruined my wedding dress by cutting the outter layer MUCH too short! Since the wedding is 2 weeks away so I dont have time for this and the store wasnt being too cooperative until my friend called for me and then they said they were willing to replace the whole thing if needed.. the seamstress really chopped it up.. I was so unhappy, sad, confused, stressed, problems and mistakes were and are still unsolved... and i am more than anything today scared she will make it worse! But.. I am a little relieved this card has a positive side also.

bleuivy

Deck: Dreaming in Color

Card pulled: Individuality

Book Definition: intense creativity, doing and seeing things in a new and different way. A card for the iconoclast or non-conformist. A warning against conformity or sacrificing self to "fit in."

Morning reading without seeing the card: A dark, crowded forest, the sun, water (cool and clear, but dark), green, yellow, fear. Also, heat, in that my hands actually felt hot as I held them over the card. This has never happened before ever.

Impressions after seeing the card: I think my initial impressions are fascinating in light of what the card is. I've been struggling with my individuality for a while now. I don't have many friends because I'm not willing to conform to the standards of others. I'm quirky, I'm bi, I am constantly reading (card and books ;)), I do what I like. Some people don't seem to handle this too well.

And yet this morning, I saw a dark, crowded forest, and felt fear when looking at this card. Could the dark, crowded forest be everyone else. Perhaps the reason I felt fear is because it is scary to be yourself. All of these "others" (the dark trees?) are crowding in but not understanding? I think I might be reading too much into this.

On a more practical level, this is a very floral card, with flowers and greenery everywhere. There is even a dark pool at the bottom! So maybe all I was seeing was the picture on the front of the card?

I still have no idea why my hand grew hot while I was holding it over the card. Has this happened to anyone else? What does it mean?

FantasyWorld

bleuivy said:
Deck: Dreaming in Color

I still have no idea why my hand grew hot while I was holding it over the card. Has this happened to anyone else? What does it mean?

Wow, it's great how we are all responding to this exercise:)
I've had 2 cards fel somewhat hot and pulsate in my hand when holding them and not looking. Can't be sure what it means but it must be significant,right?

I'm so glad we started doing this and am loving my Attuned deck!

Blessed Be Fellow Oraclers,LOL
Alanna

bleuivy

FantasyWorld said:
Wow, it's great how we are all responding to this exercise:)
I've had 2 cards fel somewhat hot and pulsate in my hand when holding them and not looking. Can't be sure what it means but it must be significant,right?
I'm glad I'm not alone with the warm cards, for lack of a better term. :) It's never happened to me before, so I keep thinking that it was a fluke, or that I immagined it.

Maybe it means that we were very in tune with what our intuition was telling us? I honestly don't know.

I'm so glad we started doing this and am loving my Attuned deck!
Blessed Be Fellow Oraclers,LOL
Alanna

I'm so glad we started doing this too! I've only done one draw here, but it's been fascinating. Am looking forward to more!

And the Attuned Deck looks gorgeous. It just seems so lush. I think it'll be going on my wish list soon. ;)

MCsea

Hi,
Im Marina and I wanted to just add, I did this exercise when I first started to use tarot cards, as practice, the VERY FIRST card I ever did this with was HOT - REALLY REALLY HOT, I kept saying I cant put my hand over it - its just too hot... later in the day when we turned our cards over I had THE SUN..
VERY HOT!

I will get my Oracle of choice - the Sabian Symbols

Just now I get a flittery fluttery bird flying type feeling, like its all up in the air (oh no not another day like that ;) )

OK now to see what else happens and finally tonight to see what the card is

THANK YOU

Marina

Annabelle

Hooray! I found the thread, and only a little bit late :). I actually drew my card and noted initial impressions yesterday (Wednesday), and I'm only just now getting around to turning it over (so it's been a bit more than 9 hours this time around!).

Deck: Green Man Tree Oracle

Card pulled: Rowan - Luis

Book Definition: "Protection means that we are looked after by a power stronger than ourselves. Whether we look to a god or gods, to angels or spirits, for our help, we should acknowledge the need for protection in every aspect of life. Just as we would be foolish to attempt to climb a mountain without strong ropes and proper climbing equipment, we should not consider entering into any other activity without ensuring we have the proper protection. Rowan's ability to shield us from harm makes its presence a powerful ally."

Morning reading without seeing the card: A cool, dark place. Relaxation. Spices (??) Blue, a calming greyish blue. Earth - a return to earth, a grounding feeling.

Impressions after seeing the card: The berries on the tree immediately draw my eye and make me think of the abundance of nature, of life. I also notice the sun on the horizon, out past the water, and wonder if it is rising or setting. I'm inclined to think it is an evening scene. Overall I sense the power of nature, and a feeling of not being completely alone, ever, as there is always something alive around us.

I'm not too sure how my first impressions without seeing the card mesh with my impressions afterward. I don't think that the card related specifically to my day in a significant way . . . but I do get a sense of calmness and closeness to the earth when looking at the card, much the same as the sense I got before looking at the card.

Hmm. I'm beginning to really like this deck now, after having used it a couple of times. While I thought the cards were beautiful right from the start, I wasn't sure if they'd be easy to use, given that the cards all picture trees and no people. But if you like to read intuitively (and I do), then these are really quite easy and pleasant to work with. :)