Planet Series: The SUN & MOON relationship -- a PARTICIPATION thread.

rainwolf

My moon and sun are 60 degrees apart, almost exactly i believe. The moon is ahead in aquarius to be specific, to my sun in sag. Would this still count as the 'worker' phase? Very interesting thread :)

dadsnook2000

You are correct

Your Moon is in the Worker Phase from the Sun, Rainwolf. With your Sun in the 6th house and Moon in the 8th, what key words or phrases would you use? Remember to slant your thoughts so as to stay within the "Worker Phase theme" of struggling to be free of the past, to become a new person. You have the opportunity to lead others into having the confidence to do this themselves.

When you post your thoughts we will go thru them together as need be and see how it all works out. Dave

squeakmo9

dadsnook2000 said:
In this thread I want to do two things:
** I want to offer some views about the Sun and Moon in a relationship sense, how they work together.
** I also want to use some of the chart data posted previously by the participants to illustrate some of these themes -- hopefully with that person providing feedback about what is said.
SUN CONUNCT MOON and MOON IN THE 1st "PERFORMER" PHASE

I believe this sun/moon aspect is in my chart. If I'm correct...I think I have taken some of the more negative expressions of this, without really knowing it. For expample, I am perpetually late, since I was a kid, getting to school. So when I would walk in, all eyes would be on me, and I would, unintentionally, disrupt the class with my entrance. I always felt a love/hate relationship with wanting attention. Going from wanting it, to not wanting it, a Greta Garbo thing.."I wont to be alone"...yeah right. Honestly, I have felt many times like I was being thrown onto a stage and then taking a sink or swim attitude. Perhaps I should take a better attitude to it, work with it more.
Thank you for sharing this wonderful information Dave, it is taking me time to understand it all but am enjoying it!
Squeakmo9

huredriel

Dave,

Just a thought, you mentioned *travelled* ..... wondering if this perhaps could also mean living at various addresses during one's childhood?

x Huredriel

dadsnook2000

Yes

Yes. A lot of being in different places is indicated. Dave

huredriel

Well in that case *travelled* is totally spot on ........ as we moved quite a lot throughout my childhood ....... including from one end of the country to another. Then I moved away again in my latter teens and have had various addresses. The longest I've ever lived in one place is the house I actually have now ...... coming up 10 years this year :)

dadsnook2000

For huredriel

I'm glad that is cleaned up. You had me wondering as I had just noticed earlier today that your tag line says, "wandering cat slave." Dave

PS I have lived in 23 different houses since I was born but have lived in my present location for over 40 years --- of course I've bought and sold several homes in the meantime, but never got around to actually moving our of this one.

rcb30872

dadsnook2000 said:
** rcb30872 also has this Sun-Moon phase, the Sun being 101 degrees behind the Sun and 259 degrees ahead -- getting close to the next phase. Since Sun and Moon are positioned differently in this chart, we will have a different interpretation. Sun in the 8th house suggests one who has a high interest in shared property, the inner workings of other peoples minds. The Moon on the IC/4th house cusp points to a need to follow ones basic beliefs and personal values, all that was learned at/near home and/or in the early years. Traditional values for the Moon, death/taxes/inheritance (using the classic 8th house meanings) would point to an antique dealer, museum worker in antiquities, insurance adjuster, estate managers -- all symbolic of the combination of these two houses. Interesting. Dave
Well, I have never considered any of those occupations, but you never know :laugh:

I would have to agree with that, I am always wanting to get inside someone else's head to try and figure out what they are thinking, and trying to come up with different explanations for the way people act in a certain way. I have tried it on my own mother! I keep asking and asking questions about her childhood, her marriage, just about anything which she is willing to talk about. I like to delve deep, there is no mistake there!

But, like you said, I do tend to go by my own belief systems, and very reluctant to change it for anyone or anything. Even though my thoughts towards my parents, may be not all that pleasant, but I will say one thing that they have taught me and my brothers the right sort of values, how to be polite, to respect other people's property, how to be honest and all those kind of things.

Thanks Dave :love: :*

Bec

wizzle

I thought I'd throw in a few random metaphors for the phases of the moon/sun from alchemy, mythology and miscellaneous sources.

New Moon (Sun conjunct Moon- 0 degrees separation)

The royal marriage
The secret goddess
Isis veiled

At this point the Moon is dominated by the Sun and her power works in hidden ways.

Full Moon (Sun opposite Moon- 180 degrees separtation)

The great mother
Isis unveiled

The Moon is farthest from the Sun and is most independent in power. The best time for using the cleansing power of the Moon.

Waxing Moon - from conjunction to full or from 0 to 180 degrees

The Moon as virgin
A time for tilling and planting

Waning Moon - from opposition/full to conjunction or from 180 degrees to 360 degrees

The Moon as crone
A time for maintenance and reaping

These metaphors are a lot less precise than Dads' nicely divided areas, but I think they help with a gut-level understanding of the Sun/Moon relationship. Those of you who do rituals based on Moon phases might want to share additional associations. Or you might want to check for Sun/Moon relationships shown in tarot cards and see how the card and its image fits into the phase concept.

prudence

dadsnook2000 said:
Following the Analyst Phase, the Sun will find the Moon at its full moon position or past that -- anywhere from 180 degrees to 225 degrees is what is called the SEEKER phase. By now the Moon has reached its full point and still lights up the whole night untill dawn comes. We can explore the night just as easily as the day. In this phase, we have the 180 degree aspect, the opposition, and the closing 210 degree closing inconjunct aspect. What does the Seeker phase claim to offer? Illumination or instability, a crises in either knowing or in doing. Wizzle had used the word "lunacy" -- a condition that we associate with the full moon. This was thought of, not so long ago, as the time for werewolves and those in asylumns to cry out in dispair and rage. While not seen as such by most people today, we still biologically react to this stage of the Moon through increased police arrests and crime, difficulty with surgery due to blood flow and low clotting levels, people acting stranger than normal as measured by many social institutions.

The opposition suggests male-versus-female views, arguments, heated passions, easily triggered habit patterns. Normally in astrology we see this 180 degree aspect as representing partnerships or enemies, projection or acceptance, offerings or denials. It is a very polarizing aspect.

on second thought, I am just going to try to follow along with this discussion. It has been interesting so far. Thanks.