Mercury Retrograde in Pisces

GoddessArtemis

I got this in my E-mail box today. I don't like Mercury retro...oy.

It's time to perfect your backstroke as Mercury turns retrograde in the sign of the Fish just in time for Valentine's Day! Since Pisces is the most sensitive sign of the zodiac, you are likely to feel a bit thin-skinned recollecting recent agreements, ideas and conversations -- especially those pertaining to matters of the heart. Bear in mind that, because of the psychic nature of this water sign, anything left unsaid may emerge as much more important than feelings that have been put into words. However, don't overthink every nuance of your emotions, silent or otherwise. Strive to maintain control over your mood, and don't jump to conclusions until you have a handle on all the facts!

When Mercury reenters airy Aquarius on February 26, your more logical mind will return -- somewhat. Mercury will still be retrograde, but the movement away from emotional Pisces into detached Aquarius will provide some clarity. Mercury retrograde phases are like an extended conversation, allowing you to repeatedly review and reinterpret the finer points of each moment. Take your time! With Mercury in this innovative air sign, you have the opportunity to develop your ideas more thoroughly and to return to trains of thought with those who can help. Additionally, if you know which house -- or houses -- Mercury is traveling through in your natal chart, you can use that knowledge to further utilize and appreciate all aspects of the current retrograde. And, of course, hold off on any major decision-making until after Mercury turns direct on March 7: Mercury retrograde periods are infamous for wreaking havoc on otherwise perfectly well-informed plans!

We'll see what happens in the next 3 weeks...

Here's a good link on the impact of Mercury rx in Sun and Rising signs in 2007: http://www.alphalifetrends.com/sys-tmpl/mercuryretrogradefebruary2007/

GA

dadsnook2000

Another view of retrograde motion for Mercury

Let's look at some dates and positions of Mercury before we start to say "Woe is us."

DATE POSITION COMMENT
Jan. 30: @ 25 Aqu/Dir. Passing the point where Mercury will return to when
its at its most-retrograde position. Close to opposition
with Saturn @ 22 Leo.
Feb. 3 @ 0 Pis/Dir. Mercury enters Pisces, opposes the Moon
Feb. 14 @ 10 Pis/Rx Mercury makes station, turns retrograde
Feb. 17 @ 9 Pis/Rx Mercury conjuncts Moon
Feb. 30 @ 29 Aqu/Rx Mercury backs into Aquarius
Mar. 2 @ 27 Aqu/Rx Mercury opposes Moon.
Mar. 8 @ 25 Aqu/Dir. Mercury makes station, turns direct
Mar. 28 @ 10 Pis/Dir. Mercury passes it previous furthest forward position

I would suggest that it would be more fruitful to watch Mercury pass over important positions in our charts and through our chart's houses rather than signs. No matter what your birthdate and birthtime, you share planets in signs with very many people -- Mercury in signs is a general social environment. However, Mercury in houses and against natal planets in those houses is a very personal environment. The time and place of birth is unique to you. Signs are seldom unique to anyone.

On Jan. 30th, Mercury passed its opposition point with natal Mars and transiting Saturn. This will be its furthest-backward retrograde point. At that time I finished the first revised draft of my book.

On Feb. 22nd, Mercury will back across my MC point: Natal Mercury conjuncts Venus in my 5th house. I will expect some re-evaluation of a one/more of the creative projects I have going forward at this time.

On March 24th, Mercruy will pass my MC point, going forward. Goals and positive results will likely be attached to any of my projects at that time.

It will be interesting to see how Mercury really affects us on a personal level as it contacts various sensitive points in our charts. Dave

Fallen Angel

dadsnook2000 said:
Let's look at some dates and positions of Mercury before we start to say "Woe is us."

DATE POSITION COMMENT
Jan. 30: @ 25 Aqu/Dir. Passing the point where Mercury will return to when
its at its most-retrograde position. Close to opposition
with Saturn @ 22 Leo.
Feb. 3 @ 0 Pis/Dir. Mercury enters Pisces, opposes the Moon
Feb. 14 @ 10 Pis/Rx Mercury makes station, turns retrograde
Feb. 17 @ 9 Pis/Rx Mercury conjuncts Moon
Feb. 30 @ 29 Aqu/Rx Mercury backs into Aquarius
Mar. 2 @ 27 Aqu/Rx Mercury opposes Moon.
Mar. 8 @ 25 Aqu/Dir. Mercury makes station, turns direct
Mar. 28 @ 10 Pis/Dir. Mercury passes it previous furthest forward position

I would suggest that it would be more fruitful to watch Mercury pass over important positions in our charts and through our chart's houses rather than signs. No matter what your birthdate and birthtime, you share planets in signs with very many people -- Mercury in signs is a general social environment. However, Mercury in houses and against natal planets in those houses is a very personal environment. The time and place of birth is unique to you. Signs are seldom unique to anyone.

On Jan. 30th, Mercury passed its opposition point with natal Mars and transiting Saturn. This will be its furthest-backward retrograde point. At that time I finished the first revised draft of my book.

On Feb. 22nd, Mercury will back across my MC point: Natal Mercury conjuncts Venus in my 5th house. I will expect some re-evaluation of a one/more of the creative projects I have going forward at this time.

On March 24th, Mercruy will pass my MC point, going forward. Goals and positive results will likely be attached to any of my projects at that time.

It will be interesting to see how Mercury really affects us on a personal level as it contacts various sensitive points in our charts. Dave

Great...well personally I cant wait for this to be over !!!

Check this out -

30th Jan - mega stress issues with boyfriend but work through things
3rd Feb - after making it through the stress b/f decides to leave me :(
14th Feb - tbc but to be honest Im feeling much better today, happier to be by myself after feeling miserable since 3rd Feb.

So maybe the worst is over??

FA.x

dadsnook2000

Interesting . . .

Isn't it interesting to see how Mercury can trigger events prior to its actual retrograde period. Were any of these dates and positions sensitive places in your natal chart? Dave

Fallen Angel

Hey Dave,

I have my natal chart, but being a complete novice at all of this I havent got a clue on how to make head or tails of it !!

The only thing that spurred me to start looking into it more was someone posted on a thread that things werent going well because of Mercurys position.

I looked up and found some info out, then saw this thread today, and plus my horoscope today told me that thanks to Mercury Id be feeling like this until March...brilliant !!

Lou.x

Dave - also just to confirm your dates, I double checked and 30th Jan IS the exact day he blew me away with a MAJOR crisis in our relationship. And 3rd Feb is the exact day he ended the relationship.... so I really need to start studying all of this Astrological side of things !!!

Sophie

yep, lots of Merc rx boo-boos this way too! A package I sent weeks ago still hasn't arrived, laptop repair has been delayed - I should be getting it back Friday - and new housemate decided she didn't want to share house anymore.

But I have Mercury in Pisces, and was born when it was retrograde, so I guess I get on with this kind of energy better than many people. I enjoy the opportunity to revisit certain issues, to go "indoors" a bit, and to reconnect with people who I have not seen or heard from in a while.

Mercury in Pisces retro is a great time to revisit and sort out emotional issues with people that might have been misunderstood before. Talking deep and healing past hurts will really work at the moment.

Just don't buy a new computer ;)

DarkElectric

This explains a lot.

A month ago, I ordered a very important and hard to find musical score from an online company. It never arrived. I had called the company upon ordering (Jan 20) and was assured it would be shipped as soon as my money order was received. Weeks passed. I realise there were severe storms in the midwest, where I had ordered it from. So I gave it a little extra transit time. Last Monday rolls around. No score. I called the company. Unbeknownst to me, they went out of business, taking my money,(including a lot added on for expedited shipping,) and probably a bunch of other people's as well. The show I need it for is going on......tomorrow. After much research I was able to locate the publisher and go directly through them. 2 more exhorbitant sums for expedited shipping, one to get my money order there overnight, one to pay for 1 day delivery on their end. That was Tuesday. Today is Friday. No score. They did receive my MO, though, they sent a confirmation email. Answering machine only when I call these people. No one has called me back on this. :(

Tomorrow, I need to be up with the birds in order to begin calling my local post office, to see if it's come in with the morning mail. If so, I need to go down there, grab it, and head off immediately on the road for the show.....2 1/2 hours away from here.

I've told the piano player to please be there early, because if by some miracle it DOES come in, we can at least learn the tunes reasonably well by the time we need perform them. And the gent who booked the show just called here, at the last minute, confirming our performance. We have jazz standards ready to go, to cover our collective bums. But this is a James Bond themed event, that is specific film score music, and there's noway even I can make a James Bond out of a Peter Gunn. Sigh.

Mercury Retrograde. It's no wonder Yoko Ono allegedly loathed and distrusted those. What a bloody mess this all is.

dadsnook2000

For DarkElectric

How does Mercury interact with your chart. The retrogrades have a greater potential for mischief when contacting sensitive points in ones chart. They have less potential for upsets when not intruding upon sensitive points. Can you give us some clues? Dave

dadsnook2000

An example of linking Mercury retrograde to your chart

Earlier I had suggested that we might learn more about how a retrograde Mercury affects us if we carefully noted a few key dates & positions relative to our chart. Merely crying about how this or that is so awful without linking the wailing to anything meaningful just doesn't help us progress in astrology.

BRITNEY SPEARS has been in the news and is one good example of how we can learn about Mercury Rx. Her birth data is: Dec. 2, 1981 at 1:30 am CST in McComb Mississippi, USA. Long. 090w27-11 Lat. 31n14-37. Her Asc is 3-17 Virgo, MC is 0-18 Gemini.

At 6pm on Feb. 16th, just a couple of hours before the 17th date I gave as being significant, Britney shaved all of her hair off as part of a public display of temper, unhappiness and perhaps substance abuse. Mercury played a role in her chart for this escapade:

** Transiting Mercury was squaring her natal Sun. Negative meanings include lack of clarity, aimlessness, inclination to be stressed out.

** Transiting Mercury opposite the mid-point of transiting Asc. and S. Node. Seeking mental stimuli, disharmonious conduct within ones personal environment.

** Up until this point transiting Mercury had squared natal Mercury and was now 5 degrees past the square -- but Mercury will step back to perfect square on this coming Thursday, the 22nd, and will square natal Uranus at the end of the month.

** Sun will conjunct Mercury this coming Friday/Saturday, opposite the hair- shaving Ascendant -- will we hear more relative to this event?

These are examples of the fun stuff we can do that will also help us learn astrology. Dave

Barbaras Ahajusts

Well Dave, help out a newbie here if you will.

I can pull up my natal chart in an astrology program. I can key in an important date, like the day baby Brit lopped off her hair {The hair :laugh: and now} (Nov 17th) and see where Merc is setting that day for moi.

My question is this, now that I have this chart up on my pc screen, please tell me what to look at to see what is "sensitive?"
How does Mercury interact with your chart. The retrogrades have a greater potential for mischief when contacting sensitive points in ones chart. They have less potential for upsets when not intruding upon sensitive points. Can you give us some clues? Dave

I just know I have had trouble since Feb 3rd and it was family first then me. What am I to look at during this retro merc period ???

Barb