Visconti Tarot, Pierpoint Morgan version

Stark Raven

Visconti Tarot, Pierpont Morgan version

I am looking for a cost effective version of the Visconti Tarot with brown borders rather than black. The only one I am aware of is the Pierpont Morgan, but are all printings of it brown bordered? Are there any other Visconti reproduction with brown borders?

greatdane

US GAMES is republishing this late Summer-early Fall

The Pierpont Morgan will also have an expanded booklet. I don't know about the borders, but I do know another is in the works. I found out because I emd them about more info on the Visconti Sforza.

EmpyreanKnight

I am looking for a cost effective version of the Visconti Tarot with brown borders rather than black. The only one I am aware of is the Pierpont Morgan, but are all printings of it brown bordered? Are there any other Visconti reproduction with brown borders?

I am eyeing the Golden Tarot Visconti-Sforza set by Mary Packard. The cards are huge too, and the borders are done in gold ink. The price is not prohibitive at all, and smells like a good bargain given that aside from the cards the set contains a 144-page book and a spread cloth, and it all comes in a handsome and sturdy box. This is going to be my first Visconti-Sforza, so I hope this turns out great.

starlightexp

Does anyone have the new U.S. Games Visconti-Sforza Pierpont Morgan Tarocchi yet? If so, please comment. I have several Visconti decks, but this tempts me for the 60-page book as well as the new mottled red backs to the cards. Looks like a nice package.

I have it and it's very nice. The images have a depth to them that they have not had in the past. The card stock is solid and matt and the card back just adds to the feel of the deck. I have 4 different versions of this deck and this version I think is the best of them all in terms of accurately getting the art right

agviz

I am eyeing the Golden Tarot Visconti-Sforza set by Mary Packard. The cards are huge too, and the borders are done in gold ink. The price is not prohibitive at all, and smells like a good bargain given that aside from the cards the set contains a 144-page book and a spread cloth, and it all comes in a handsome and sturdy box. This is going to be my first Visconti-Sforza, so I hope this turns out great.

I did have this for a bit but didn't keep it. I'm trying to remember why now... I think because the images weren't printings from the original artwork, but were redrawn and I might not have clicked with the style. If you are looking to study the originals, perhaps look at some of the other choices. But if you'd like a cleaned up recreation, maybe this is a good way to go.

agviz

I have it and it's very nice. The images have a depth to them that they have not had in the past. The card stock is solid and matt and the card back just adds to the feel of the deck. I have 4 different versions of this deck and this version I think is the best of them all in terms of accurately getting the art right

You just sold me. Off to purchase...

EmpyreanKnight

I did have this for a bit but didn't keep it. I'm trying to remember why now... I think because the images weren't printings from the original artwork, but were redrawn and I might not have clicked with the style. If you are looking to study the originals, perhaps look at some of the other choices. But if you'd like a cleaned up recreation, maybe this is a good way to go.

Thanks for pointing that out to me, agviz. But hmmmm, for now I shall be considering buying both the Packard set and the U.S. Games Visconti-Sforza Pierpont Morgan Tarocchi you recommended. I'm also considering the Cary-Yale Visconti, but that might break the bank. I'd be doing more research on them to see which one fits me. Thanks again!

agviz

Thanks for pointing that out to me, agviz. But hmmmm, for now I shall be considering buying both the Packard set and the U.S. Games Visconti-Sforza Pierpont Morgan Tarocchi you recommended. I'm also considering the Cary-Yale Visconti, but that might break the bank. I'd be doing more research on them to see which one fits me. Thanks again!

I found the U.S. games version of the Cary-Yale to be extremely dark; so much so that I let it go. Whereas the Meneghello version of the same is really great! Beautiful images! Expensive though.

Le Fanu

Is it the same size as the previous one - i.e - big - or have they done a more shuffler-friendly version?

Is it that different to justify buying it (I guess is what I'm asking)? I have two of the 80s version in the box with the Fool on the cover and also one (I seem to remember) with a window-style box. Backs are dark burgundy, I think.