Dark Fairytale Tarot- LoS

angelanh

Haven't even read properly through this thread here :). ( :joke: - except to notice again, that apparently Le Fanu hates what I love :) ).
When I was 1st looking through "dark deck" listings - I decided that I liked both the Dark Fairytale and the Dark Angels decks (some similar appearance) and that I would have them both, and mix them into a new 3rd deck - taking my favourites from both.

I've had Dark Angels for a while now and am presently waiting for Dark Fairytale to arrive.
(My other two "dark" decks are: Night Sun - which I LOVE, and... waiting excitedly for Wormweird Tarot.)

@ angelanh and Emberlyn - once my Dark Fairytale deck has arrived (by the end of this month I expect) I'll be happy to chat to you guys about it here on AT. Why not start a thread/study group about it on the 1st of May? - I'll be looking out for it.

Glad to see so fast reply of you.
Yes, I'll wait until 1/5, and we & others might start it :D

angelanh

Haven't even read properly through this thread here :). ( :joke: - except to notice again, that apparently Le Fanu hates what I love :) ).
When I was 1st looking through "dark deck" listings - I decided that I liked both the Dark Fairytale and the Dark Angels decks (some similar appearance) and that I would have them both, and mix them into a new 3rd deck - taking my favourites from both.

I've had Dark Angels for a while now and am presently waiting for Dark Fairytale to arrive.
(My other two "dark" decks are: Night Sun - which I LOVE, and... waiting excitedly for Wormweird Tarot.)

@ angelanh and Emberlyn - once my Dark Fairytale deck has arrived (by the end of this month I expect) I'll be happy to chat to you guys about it here on AT. Why not start a thread/study group about it on the 1st of May? - I'll be looking out for it.

Are u ready yet?

Tanga

Are u ready yet?

Yes.
Have mixed up the Dark Fairytale and the Dark Angels Tarots together as I said...
So - this may be an interesting discussion as I leaf through two decks each time, to find appropriate cards. :)

And... leafing through the 1st mixed deck right now - how I love THE DEVIL!
It's that Tim Curry devil from the movie "Legend" (Tim Curry was the actor who played the Devil character) that was recently discussed - probably in a 'Devil' thread here on AT (we were sharing what our favourite Devil card was).

Have you seen that movie with this devil in it?
The opening scene is brilliant... a dark room with a booming voice saying "My name is Darkness..." - then camera pans from hooves to face, plus cue the music.
Don't remember much else about the film! :joke:.

How interesting that the Angel at his feet has a tattoo on her shoulder and wrist... hmm.
Will need to get magnifying glass out...

Awesome crystal staff he has. What type of crystal do you reckon is in there?

angelanh

Yes.
Have mixed up the Dark Fairytale and the Dark Angels Tarots together as I said...
So - this may be an interesting discussion as I leaf through two decks each time, to find appropriate cards. :)

And... leafing through the 1st mixed deck right now - how I love THE DEVIL!
It's that Tim Curry devil from the movie "Legend" (Tim Curry was the actor who played the Devil character) that was recently discussed - probably in a 'Devil' thread here on AT (we were sharing what our favourite Devil card was).

Have you seen that movie with this devil in it?
The opening scene is brilliant... a dark room with a booming voice saying "My name is Darkness..." - then camera pans from hooves to face, plus cue the music.
Don't remember much else about the film! :joke:.

How interesting that the Angel at his feet has a tattoo on her shoulder and wrist... hmm.
Will need to get magnifying glass out...

Awesome crystal staff he has. What type of crystal do you reckon is in there?

Sorry about replying that late, but i've been busy and lost inspiration for a while.
I haven't seen the Tim Curry Devil movie but I heard someone said like you in blog.

About the tatoo, the first tatoo with two circles connect with each other, it repeats in many card, appear most clear in the Sun card, in the flag. It seem like Five Fold Symbol or Vesica piscis (but Vesica piscis is the only part that two circle merge), but I think it might related to Continuum symbol (tv series).
The second tatoo repeated two, but quite hard to find its meaning.

About the Crystal, let me think more :D.

Tanga

About the tatoo, the first tatoo with two circles connect with each other, it repeats in many card, appear most clear in the Sun card, in the flag. It seem like Five Fold Symbol or Vesica piscis (but Vesica piscis is the only part that two circle merge), but I think it might related to Continuum symbol (tv series).

After google on both counts - I'd say it's the Vesica Piscis. :)

The second tatoo repeated two, but quite hard to find its meaning.

Problem is - I cannot see it clearly in the first place.

The Crystal is purple. So - ah... Purple Kryptonite? :joke:
What purple stones would suit the energy of The Devil. I shall think about this and check out my crystal books...

angelanh

After google on both counts - I'd say it's the Vesica Piscis. :)

Problem is - I cannot see it clearly in the first place.

The Crystal is purple. So - ah... Purple Kryptonite? :joke:
What purple stones would suit the energy of The Devil. I shall think about this and check out my crystal books...

But the Vesica Piscis is only part that two circle merged. I think for some reasons it's not and the artist want like that.

Second repeated in Judgement card too.

rwcarter

Tanga and angelanh, I encourage you both to start a Study Group for the deck. Build it and others will hopefully join you. :)

Achlys

I was so confused when I was reading the first posts in this thread and then realized it was originally posted in 2012 haha!

This deck is gorgeous. I love it.

Just ordered it so if you do start a study group, let me know! I'd definitely be interested in joining it.