Dark Fairytale Tarot- LoS

Aurora369

*backing away* <crossing self> Book Depository? Beware. Await ye the cancelling email.

I'm so looking forward to receiving this one. I have seen minimal scans so it's a largely unknown quantity. Opening it up will be just like the old pre-internet days, being able to "ooh!" and "ahh!" at the surprises!

LOL Yes, I know all about the cancelling that goes on at BD. Mine already dispatched though, so I am good to go.

I have only seen a few scans as well and am looking forward to seeing the deck in my hands. I already received the Sacred Sites from BD and really enjoy that one.

Nina*

I received my copy a couple of days ago and I REALLY like it. Was a bit anxious about it since there's just so often single cards I don't like in decks, but..... nope, I like all of these.

Le Fanu

Tell me it's not Dark Angels-y.

Tell me it's richly coloured and fantastical and full of clever little details to aid intuitive reading...

Tell me anything in fact. I'm curious. You kept it very quiet! :D

Penthasilia

Tell me it's not Dark Angels-y.

Tell me it's richly coloured and fantastical and full of clever little details to aid intuitive reading...

Tell me anything in fact. I'm curious. You kept it very quiet! :D

The more I use this deck, the more I am reminded of how it is NOT at all like the Dark Angels deck.

Reads fantastically for me- but demands it's pound of flesh. I really like the spread in the LWB and the deck works very well with it.

I ready with it intuitively- there are many little details that will pop up depending on the reading.

A fabulous deck all in all. I am so glad I bought it.

:)

Le Fanu

Thank you... I look forward to seeing it up close.

Nina*

The more I use this deck, the more I am reminded of how it is NOT at all like the Dark Angels deck.

Reads fantastically for me- but demands it's pound of flesh. I really like the spread in the LWB and the deck works very well with it.

I ready with it intuitively- there are many little details that will pop up depending on the reading.

A fabulous deck all in all. I am so glad I bought it.

:)
I agree with Penthasilia; it's NOT like Dark Angels.

I think it's the first obvious photocollaged deck where the faces don't bother me to some degree.
Yes, I actually really do like it. From a RWS point of view, all images make perfect sense contrary to many LS decks - yet they're different enough to make them interesting. And (GASP!) the LWB works.

Essjay

I'm also in the BD cancellation slump and they have stock again of this at Tarot Chest. I'm very tempted. For some reason BD says it's 109 days until publication!

Le Fanu

Received mine today! First impressions; nope. Not for me. I really don't like the artwork at all.

I wonder how many people there are out there who think "ooh, yes! I like my decks to have real photographs of real people in them"? It's just that I don't know anyone who does but there must be someone as they keep publishing them.

I had a quick look through and felt immediately disappointed and spent a (busy) afternoon doing other things before I could look more closely on the subway home.

It's odd; I don't like the artwork, but when I got home and I shuffled and did a quick draw I was struck by the feeling that this is an excellent reading deck. It has something that makes it very readable. The cards have very well-incorporated borders and when placed in a row these cards blend and really tell a story. I have always held that you don't need to love a deck to read well with it and yet I notice that most people are of the opposite opinion. Here is a deck I find unattractive and yet I believe it reads well even though the visuals put me off.

I have a hard time thinking of timeless fairy tales with such obviously Favole-era characters and 1990s tribal tattoos. The style and clothes jar for me. They don't feel timeless enough. It is very much a part of The Trend for Goth.

LWB by Lillie :thumbsup: and very nicely written with appropriate pointers and pushing you into new ways of thinking about certain cards.

In short; really don't like the look of the deck but it reads well and is very well thought out, but you have to like that style. I think I may well actually use it more over the next week or so and see where it takes me. So often it's the ones you think are so not you that end up being worthwhile in the long run and give deep readings.

Penthasilia

In short; really don't like the look of the deck but it reads well and is very well thought out, but you have to like that style. I think I may well actually use it more over the next week or so and see where it takes me. So often it's the ones you think are so not you that end up being worthwhile in the long run and give deep readings.

Precisely how I felt too. I hate the look of it. Never did like CGI-style decks. But the readings are spot on, and have some depth to them, more depth than most. The more you use it, the more it sucks you in. })

rwcarter

I just got an email from Amazon that his deck has shipped and should be here by Monday.