Prisma Visions

SarahJoy

Le The Majors don't quite work for me. Where oh where is the mystery of the High Priestess? None of the Majors feel magical or mysterious. There is a curious sense in the cards (Major and Minor) of just [I said:
one[/I] thing depicted, one thing happening. And then lots of swirly colours to somehow emphasise it. I rarely get this feeling with decks -especially pretty ones -but I find it oddly hollow (but pretty).

All of this without actually having read with it but instinct makes me not bother, which is not a good sign.

I didn't connect with the deck at first, either. After spending some time with it, though, I find it to be a great reading deck. And the HP is one of my favorites!

Padma

It's a funny thing - I *did* connect with it right away, which sort of shocked me, because I am not usually one for modern takes on tarot. I find it reads very accurately...or helps me to, anyways! :laugh:

ETA I like the HP too - I like how she is leaving the scene! And that all you can see are her legs and bum :) I like most of the cards.

rylla

I've got my copy of the Prisma too. I'd just like to share how DELIGHTED I am with this deck. It is one of the few decks that I like more than expected that I would (or how it seemed to me on the net). I just looked through all the cards and it seems to me that I can relate to them (or that I can relate them to the RWS meanings - without the deck being a clone to RWS). It is very nicely/cleverly thought out, well done deck and the minors being part of a bigger picture adds some plus to a reading, I believe. Just as info: my deck is flawless (I read in this thread that there were some problems with the cards).

claire1805

I will be saving up for another copy of the first edition Prisma Vision as this deck is certainly a keeper :)

Bullfly7

I will be saving up for another copy of the first edition Prisma Vision as this deck is certainly a keeper :)

I actually just did this because I was sad that my original was getting messed up. Seems silly but I just connect with this deck so well.

claire1805

I actually just did this because I was sad that my original was getting messed up. Seems silly but I just connect with this deck so well.

My deck came arrived in a scruffy condition so getting a backup is very high up on my list. Thanks for enabling me :) Now I don't think I will wait longer to get another one.

Padma

It is so nice to to see that you got a clean copy, Rylla, and it is nice to see others having the same experience of connection I have with this gorgeous deck! :)

Maveriker

I got mine yesterday, and it is absolutely gorgeous, no complaints at all!!

I can immediately tell this will be a fantastic reading deck, and there are some lovely surprises hidden in the images…

The Happy Squirrel

I found the suits of swords in this deck to be the most helpful to me personally. Especially the 9 and 10 leading to the Queen and King of Swords. I always struggled with those until now. Love the Fool card too, that step further with the wolf in the water. The strawberry card is excellent.

However, the gloss and the colour of this deck isnot what I expected. Judging from the print design on James' website, for some reason I expected a more stark dark blue (or whatever that colour may be) and more intense colours. For some reason I was also expecting a surface texture which is more akin to the Light Vision which proceeded Prisma Vision. More matted than glossy. I noticed that this is not exactly high gloss, but there is something about it that bothers me I can't put my finger on it...

I love the wooden box and the silver edges. I love the carton box too. Both are excellent.

All and all a high quality deck. But I still have that image of it in my mind before I received the actual deck. And I will be lying if I say I do not wish that the actual deck is a bit more like it :)

The Happy Squirrel

This deck was a huge disappointment for me. I loved the online scans and unusual artwork, but when I received my deck (second printing), the black look washed out and the colors dull. It looked nothing like the vivid deck I saw online. I've set it aside for now in hopes my disappointment will wane.

This is my first impression as well.

I just assumed this is how it turned out for our batch and if we want something more vivid like the online scans we have to wait for a second edition.....?