My Cheap Crappy Tarot Subcollection

Chronata

I have a very nice little collection of the ugliest cheap, and ridiculously bad decks.

I just added the Royal Tarot to my collection, as I discovered it in a costume store, while on the road.
It actually has a few cards I love ( Death in particular is fabulously goth) but most of the cards...and all the minors were lazily created.

And I have a weird soft spot for these kind of tarots. Especially if they cost less than $10

I need some more recommendations to add to the Miss Cleo, Caring Family, John Dee, Dollar Tree, Animal Power etc... kind of decks.

Because I want to love all those sad little stylistic beauties.

MoonGypsy

Have missed you, kiddo! Glad to see you posting...:love:

MaryHeather

Tapestry Tarot. Because we all love to hate it.

Chronata

Missed you too, my Moon Sister!

MaryHeather...I will look into Tapestry. I think I might have actually owned it once. That happens to me a lot!

Barleywine

The only deck I own that I won't let near the rest is Marty Yaeger's Tarot of Meditation. I think the word "fugly" was invented for it. The minor Wands resemble hypodermic needles and the courts are some of the most mediocre I've seen. The Trumps aren't awful, just baaaad. If it had been my first deck, it probably would also have been my last one.

Attachments

• Tarot of Meditation.jpg
    Tarot of Meditation.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 187

Le Fanu

How could you find the Yeager courts mediocre with those underpants?

Power Animals tops the lot for me. Once you've got that, you really are in the upper echelons of lazy, cheap tarot.

There's also that Dollar store deck - I forget what the official name is. And the Cachet.

I would also add the Modern Medieval -not less than $10, but certainly looks it.

Oh and that AG Muller Women's Tarot (?) There are so many bad, lazy decks!

cassildra

I kind of want a Miss Cleo deck, for the lulz.

Shade

Oh wow... does anyone else look at the Yaeger Devil card and think that the forces of darkness had kidnapped Donnie and Marie?

Barleywine

Oh wow... does anyone else look at the Yaeger Devil card and think that the forces of darkness had kidnapped Donnie and Marie?

It's probably their producer.